RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:16:37 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Episode #24 - RF Generation Playcast (Life is Strange) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Episode #24 - RF Generation Playcast (Life is Strange)  (Read 4541 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: April 13, 2016, 09:26:33 PM »

Life is Strange playcast with special guest, JRock the GameRocker! Enjoy.  Grin
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 01:36:07 PM by singlebanana » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 09:17:33 PM »

I wasn't trying to lesson your score, just wanted to let the others know you can still get one of these. Probably a minimum print run that didn't hit retail, and sure to be tricky to find at some point in the future: http://diamondtrustgame.com/buy.php

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 09:26:04 PM »

I wasn't trying to lesson your score, just wanted to let the others know you can still get one of these. Probably a minimum print run that didn't hit retail, and sure to be tricky to find at some point in the future: http://diamondtrustgame.com/buy.php

Of course, I never felt that way. Just having a little fun with you.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 07:47:29 AM »

Didn't know there was a crowd funded DS game. Pretty cool.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 08:13:27 AM »

When Rich Said "Warren seems like a cool guy, we could probably hang out and play some Blazing Lazers" I chuckled some water out my nose. Thanks for that Rich!!!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2016, 09:51:33 AM »

Ha ha! Awesome.

Pam
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2016, 08:24:24 AM »

Good episode, guys!

I really enjoyed hearing about how everyone's decisions affected their games. I was on the JRock side of things for a lot of decisions, I was a jerk! I made fun of and took a picture of paint-splattered Victoria, I stole the money from the school charity so Chloe could use it to pay Frank.

However, I didn't try to shoot Frank which made some of my experiences a little different, namely that I couldn't kill him when I met him by the beach (at least I don't think I could). This was good for me, as I wouldn't have been able to live with killing the dog. In fact, the only decision I rewound when I didn't have to was throwing the dog's bone into the road. I couldn't let it get hit. Sadly, this also meant I missed Frank's anguished cry of "Pompideau!!" I'll have to look it up.

Victoria didn't believe me when I warned her about the teacher, so she lived.

I really liked the discussion about David. He wasn't a *bad* guy, I guess, he had good intentions, he just went about them in a terrible way. It was nice to be pleasantly surprised by a male character in this game since most of them are revealed to be awful. Nathan is obviously a sociopath, father issues or not. Jefferson seems like the cool teacher, but is horribly taking advantage of and abusing his students. The principal knows something is up in his school but stubbornly refuses to acknowledge or try to fix it.

I'm surprised people kissed Warren. I think he was cool and Max and him could have been an item. But Max has time travel and saving Chloe every 3 hours to worry about, who's got time for boys?

Did anyone else kiss Chloe a second time in chapter 5?
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2016, 09:26:45 AM »

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the game Pam and I am glad you enjoyed our discussion. Apparently, you have a bit of an evil streak in you as well.  Must be a Canadian thing, since we Americans are so kind and soft-hearted................ Wink  It's interesting to think about what personas we take on in games and how we are in real life, and cool how this game brings these types of discussions out.

I didn't try to shoot Frank either and not sure if I could kill him or not, but I did rewind after shooting him in the leg to see if I could get a better outcome. Ended up getting lucky and walking away with no one getting harmed.

It's interesting that the warning Victoria decision in the game was probably the one instance in which you think you are doing something right in warning her, but the tables get turned. Not sure how I feel about that, but it's interesting that the developers put it in there and ultimately reinforces that concept that sometimes you just can't stop fate.

Great point about the portrayal of male characters in the game. I never thought about that. However, there are a few good guys in the game, namely Warren and Chloe's dad, and while not totally redemptive, Frank, like David, is softened up quite a bit through the game.

No idea you could go in for a second kiss. I don't think I got that option.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length