RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:22:39 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Please Help with First Submission 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Please Help with First Submission  (Read 1373 times)
Svenson
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« on: May 02, 2016, 10:22:52 PM »

Hi All,

I am quite new to this site and so far have only used the tool for adding my games to the database. I plan to submit additions as free time allows, partly to be an useful part of the comminuty but also selfishly because I live in Australia and I have noticed there are a lot of regional variations missing that I own.

Anyway I picked up Starfox Zero the other day and thought I would make it my first submission since it looks like no-one has got around to adding this game at all. The thing is I am a little unsure how to proceed as I have the First Print Edition of the game.

For those who don't know, the First Print Edition includes Starfox Zero as well as a physical copy of Starfox Guard on it's own disc. The games both come in their own cases with 'Not for Individual Sale' where the bar code would normally be.

My question is do I make three entries, one for each game plus one for the first print package, or restrict myself to just making the one entry being the First Print Edition?
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 10:37:15 PM »

We prefer a single entry since they were bundled together as Not For Individual Sale items.

You could submit it as
Title: Star Fox Zero
Variation Title: First Print Edition
Alternate Title: Star Fox Zero / StarFox Guard Not For Individual Sale

To be honest as time passes i wouldn't be surprised if they end up slipping into the DB as stand alone entries as well... Ideally the "alternate title" field will help to stymie that.

Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 02:59:30 AM »

Hi. Copy the European entries, where there is an entry for the star fox first print edition and a second entry for guard (clearly marked as bundled). The two are linked as related games.

By doing it this way every boxed game gets an entry in the database (ie guard has an entry). If someone goes into a second hand game shop and picks up guard they can then add it into their collection on this database.

I would say the inner box for zero doesn't need a separate entry though. If I were to pick this up a second hand shop I would just add the first print from the database into my collection but put I have 0 boxes for it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length