RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:13:55 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | You decide what I play next 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Poll
Question: What do I play next?
Zillion - SMS   -2 (66.7%)
Resident Evil 5 - PS4, Xbox 360   -1 (33.3%)
Total Voters: 3

Author Topic: You decide what I play next  (Read 10177 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2016, 02:31:04 PM »

Well, that was quick.  About 5 minutes in and I died.

Uh yeah. Stay close to town for a while. From what I remember, free health refill in there.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2016, 09:00:49 PM »

Uh yeah. Stay close to town for a while. From what I remember, free health refill in there.

Oh yeah, I picked up on that quick. rofl

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2016, 10:32:11 AM »

i think at least 1 NPC did say different things the second time, and it was required to progress. i never needed any maps, as long as you use graph paper in the dungeons you should be fine. without graph paper i can't imagine getting through even the smallest dungeons.

the game has a steep difficulty curve, but once you're a few hours in it with some better armour/weapons, everything gets easier. still not "easy", but easier.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2016, 09:44:15 PM »

Did this game come with a map or any sort of insert?  I want to know for completeness sake of the physical game.

SMS set complete!
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2016, 10:06:50 PM »

It came with a poster and manual, I believe.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2016, 11:55:47 AM »

It came with a poster and manual, I believe.

Thanks.  No need to worry about "completeness" with this one now. Smiley

SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2016, 10:13:49 PM »

Well, I have a bit of a dilemma.  I really want to map the dungeons but in the interest of time I may just look up the map on GameFAQs.  Man, I wish I was a kid again and had all the time in the world.

SMS set complete!
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2016, 06:36:09 AM »

If you were playing Dragon Quest Heroes you'd have killed like 500 enemies on the same 5 minutes Wink

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2016, 07:22:45 AM »

If you were playing Dragon Quest Heroes you'd have killed like 500 enemies on the same 5 minutes Wink

laugh  You must have played DQ.  How is it?

SMS set complete!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2016, 03:24:54 PM »

Well, I have a bit of a dilemma.  I really want to map the dungeons but in the interest of time I may just look up the map on GameFAQs.  Man, I wish I was a kid again and had all the time in the world.

Techwizard drew his own maps during our playthrough. Check the thread, I think he might have posted them there.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2016, 08:56:54 AM »

Light-hearted and fun

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2016, 06:13:33 PM »

Techwizard drew his own maps during our playthrough. Check the thread, I think he might have posted them there.

if they aren't in that thread then send me a PM, i may have them saved somewhere.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2016, 02:23:46 PM »

So after leveling up to level 15, I've finally flown off to the desert planet and met with the Governor.  Whew, off to a slow start!

SMS set complete!
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2016, 05:14:41 PM »

So after leveling up to level 15, I've finally flown off to the desert planet and met with the Governor.  Whew, off to a slow start!

i think i finished the game under level 35...if i remember right, from what i read at the time once you pass a certain level (somewhere between 35 and 40), the later levels are almost unachievable.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2016, 01:55:24 PM »

I'm at level 20 right now.  I just found the robot to fly the spaceship.  Did I miss the gas mask somewhere because I had go by the poison swamp area and thought it was odd I didn't find an item to not take damage while going through it.  One thing I noticed is you should use your magic to heal everyone before paying to use the hospital.  It is significantly cheaper as it seems where your magic is at has no affect on how much you pay, only your health.  Yes, I know, the playthrough was years ago but you're getting my thoughts on the game anyways Wink

SMS set complete!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length