RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:52:14 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Orlando Shooting at "The Pulse" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Orlando Shooting at "The Pulse"  (Read 4045 times)
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« on: June 12, 2016, 10:43:14 AM »

As most of you may know, I live near Orlando. Just to let everyone know, I wasn't downtown last night, but many of you may be waking up to see this:
http://www.usatoday.com/s...ng-orlando-club/85785254/

ORLANDO — A heavily armed assailant opened fire in a packed nightclub early Sunday, killing 50 people in the deadliest shooting spree in U.S. history, authorities said.

Mayor Buddy Dyer said 53 wounded in the attack at Pulse Orlando, a gay club just south of downtown. A federal law enforcement official told USA TODAY the suspect has been identified as Omar Mateen of Port St. Lucie, Fla.

If you have any friends in the Orlando area, or who were visiting Orlando/Kissimmee (especially for "Gay Days"), you may want to check in on them. I would also suggest checking your Facebook notifications, as many are starting to learn about the Safety Check feature that Facebook utilizes for these kinds of events.

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 11:21:42 AM »

Wow, very sad. I am glad you are okay. My thoughts are with those suffering from this tragedy.

I really wish we could find out and understand why these shootings keep happening.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 11:28:07 AM »

It's a bit early to tell, but it seems like this one in particular may be motivated in his dislike of gay people, the Gay Days celebration in Orlando, and the fact that there was a shooting the night before in downtown Orlando.

FatherJack
On Hiatus
United Kingdom
Awards: 2015 RFGENERATION TOP RUN N' GUNNER

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 11:36:06 AM »

Such a tragedy. My condolences go out to all the people who have suffered from this terrible incident.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 11:46:38 AM »

My former roommate was heavily involved in the LGBT community here in Central Florida, and we have a large circle of connected friends. Already hearing from a friend that 3 people he knew passed away this morning that I knew (friend of a friend deal). He was downtown and left around 1am, and they moved on down the street to the celebration. I'm sure I'll hear more throughout the day, but at least I'm hearing from more people that they're safe.

slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 02:03:40 PM »

My thoughts and prayers, Shadow.  And to all of the victim's families. Shooter apparently had a wife and three year old also. Let's make sure that kid grows up in a better world.

Keelah se'lai
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2016, 02:05:36 PM »

Victims'. Sorry. Kinda broken and all. You know. To those suffering.

Keelah se'lai
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2016, 05:46:06 PM »

Fortunately a case of mistaken identity with the friends, but waiting for the list of confirmed names that are coming out.

http://www.cityoforlando.net/victims

Wife has O- blood type, which is the rarest type, but she's too sick to sit in the long lines today. 2-4 hour wait at the nearest place (go Orlando!). We'll try tomorrow, as I'm sure they could use it.

slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2016, 08:09:47 PM »

Good call, and something we can all (well, most of us) do that genuinely helps.

Keelah se'lai
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2016, 08:44:13 PM »

This is an awful thing to happen. Sad stuff.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length