RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:31:29 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | i submitted a couple of dozen images.... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: i submitted a couple of dozen images....  (Read 1127 times)
thx1138
3DO

Stats
« on: June 28, 2005, 07:56:58 AM »

megadrive, and master

haven't heard back

if they are not good enough, that's cool, but let me know either way, don't wanna waste my time.

it's easy for me to sumbit images I use to eBay

using a proper scanner, and cropping images, is very time consuming.

10 PRINT "THX is still skill"
20 GOTO 10
30 REM 24th Sept 2017 ;-)

RUN
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2005, 10:30:18 AM »

They will be added.  I'm going to be adjusting the perspective so they look like scans and then they will be posted.  I've just been busy as of late.  Thanks for submitting them!

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2005, 09:24:05 AM »

They've all been added.  Sorry for the delay, and thanks very much for sending them in!  We appreciate it.

atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2005, 10:48:57 AM »

i recently added a dozen or so nes scans and do realize you have to review the upload before posting to the database....i do have a question though.

when you are uploading a scan to the database for a particular game, what does the block "name" mean?
at first i thought maybe username, then i was unsure if i was to rename each file. example operation secret storm manual/operation secret storm cart and so on. i would love to help out with the data base in any way possible.

i was also wondering if i can add atari 2600 variations to the database. i have my games in manufacturer style, like...... atar text #, atari text, atari pic, Sears pic, sears text, atari red label, activision blue, activision standard and so on.

thanks for any help and if i posted this in the wrong section please  move topic where see fit. thanks again and good job on the site! Cool
« Last Edit: July 29, 2005, 10:50:19 AM by atari_wizard » Logged

Have you played Pitfall II today?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2005, 11:01:32 AM »

Thanks for the compliments and your interest!

The "name" block just means the name you would like to be credited as on that game's page.  I'm sure you've probably seen the credits section at the bottom of each game page.  Your name will just be used there to give credit where it is due.  Names are listed in alphabetical order by last name, or by username if you prefer not to use your given name.  You can use your discretion there, but please use the same thing for all of your submissions.

As for the variations....  You can't add them directly right now.  We also don't have a definite system just yet for adding all types of variations.  Right now we've started on the most basic variations - Greatest Hits/Player's Choice.  Once we have added all (or nearly all) of these, we will begin the process of adding other types of variations.  I'll be sure to send you a PM or e-mail once we start doing this, because so far it seems like you know a pretty decent amount about 2600 variations.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length