RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 09:04:51 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | Captions on DB Screenshots 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Captions on DB Screenshots  (Read 1935 times)
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« on: July 14, 2016, 07:37:27 AM »

Is it possible to add a feature that allows a brief description of screenshots in the DB?

This may seem a bit of an odd request, but most of my screenshot submissions have been for compilation games (Mega Man Legacy Collection, Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection, Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster),* and I can't really identify which game the screenshot comes from.

*Spent $400 on a PS4 and all of my games are ports, remakes and remasters.
RobotWillie
Don't You Know Blackmail is Way Uncool
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 10:46:32 PM »

I know Uncharted really well, I could probably tell just by looking at them just based on the levels.

But that doesn't mean everyone is like me, besides, I think the feature sounds like a great idea. I don't think I have uploaded any screenshots myself yet, many box arts though.

And the whole remasters/remakes thing is kind of funny. Its mostly on you though, there is plenty of new gen original stuff, you just happened to be the most interested in the new-old stuff. But yes, that annoys me about modern gaming, that a system later the stuff comes out again and its hard resisting buying it again if you really liked it even if you still have the old version.

Still not as annoying as Game of the Year Editions and stuff, where you have to wait for all the DLC to be on the disc.

Like I am waiting for the new PS4 version to come out, and I will want Uncharted 4, but it might be hard for me to resist getting the compilation. And the FF HD thing, I have on PS3, yet I read it looks even better on PS4 so that will be calling to me too. So you have the HD remake looking better on the 1 newer generation system, then it looks even better on the system thats 2 gens newer. But then again, I'd probably rather check out new games then spend money on that yet again since I am not that much of a graphics snob.

So, I consider new stuff I have not played over old stuff I have played. If its not something I have played before and its an HD remake or similar I lump it in a just the same as a new game personally. And over all that I rank full games with there DLC as being the most desired.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 01:46:09 PM »

Believe it or not, it's on my long list of refactors for the site already. Wink

Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 07:33:18 PM »

Believe it or not, it's on my long list of refactors for the site already. Wink

Yeah, I'd believe it.  I would have been surprised were I the only person who had mentioned it.

And the whole remasters/remakes thing is kind of funny. Its mostly on you though, there is plenty of new gen original stuff, you just happened to be the most interested in the new-old stuff. But yes, that annoys me about modern gaming, that a system later the stuff comes out again and its hard resisting buying it again if you really liked it even if you still have the old version.

THAT'S what annoys you about modern gaming?  Surely there are many other aspects of modern console gaming more worthy of your ire. Smiley

Anyhow, I love having the option of playing older games on modern hardware.  PS2 (and earlier) games don't look very good on modern TVs, it's easier (and sometimes cheaper) to get access to games I may have missed the first time around, and I don't have to worry about crud like region locking.  Also, almost anything that reduces pressure on the second hand retro games market is welcome!

So long as it's not digital.

Still not as annoying as Game of the Year Editions and stuff, where you have to wait for all the DLC to be on the disc.

It's better than NOT having GOTY editions.  GOTY editions are the only way I get DLC at all.

Like I am waiting for the new PS4 version to come out, and I will want Uncharted 4, but it might be hard for me to resist getting the compilation. And the FF HD thing, I have on PS3, yet I read it looks even better on PS4 so that will be calling to me too. So you have the HD remake looking better on the 1 newer generation system, then it looks even better on the system thats 2 gens newer. But then again, I'd probably rather check out new games then spend money on that yet again since I am not that much of a graphics snob.

Preferring new games vs new-old is a good way to be. I don't think you'll get much benefit out of having a PS4 version of Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster in addition to the PS3 version.  The Remasters are based on the International versions of X and X-2, so there are benefits for upgrading from the PS2 version.  Unless you collect Final Fantasy games or really want that Yoshitaka Amano steelbook.  There are meant to be a few bonuses and tweaks in Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection, but I can't really comment too much, not having played the originals.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 07:39:31 PM by Raidou » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length