RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:02:18 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | September 2016 Community Playthrough - LEGO Batman 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: September 2016 Community Playthrough - LEGO Batman 2  (Read 8489 times)
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2016, 04:12:30 AM »

Started playing today, and I am up to mission 5.

The Vita version is apparently a port of the 3DS version so it's a linear mission structure rather than an open world hub. The pre-animated cut scenes are often worse than in-game graphics, and some of the soundwork is sub-par. Platforming kinda blows, but the 2-character system is creative in its level design. Eager to get other characters to play with.

EDIT:
Just came across a cutscene with Robin in the Acrobat suit (Acrobat suit doesn't appear in the Vita/3DS versions of the game).
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 08:17:59 AM by Raidou » Logged
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2016, 10:42:06 AM »

I'm kind of surprised that they didn't port the console version to the Vita.

If it's any consolation, I don't feel like the open world stuff added anything to the game, and I actually think I preferred the handheld version just because it played a lot faster.

Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2016, 09:17:44 PM »

Came across this little gem...

@Grayghost81:  The game certainly does move fast-  abilities of the batsuit and acrobatic suit have been incorporated into Batman and Robin's default costumes which is nice.  I've been going back to previous levels to access hidden areas with new characters.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2016, 08:45:52 AM »

I thought I had the game, but I did not, so picked up the Wii U version, I think it has some of the DLC is already on the disc, but it doesnt say.

Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2016, 05:15:52 PM »

According to Gamefaqs the Wii U version doesn't, but just in case be on the lookout for the following characters:

http://au.ign.com/wikis/l...heroes/DLC_%26_Expansions

The 3DS & Vita versions have at least some of these, although I have been getting conflicting info on which ones.
zophar53
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2016, 11:11:13 PM »

I like it so far. It's just as much fun to smash everything and collect studs as the rest of the Lego games. And as vehemently opposed to switching to actual dialogue for the characters as I was/am, they're balancing the serious and comedy pretty well in this one so I don't mind so much here. Also, I really love that they used the Danny Elfman 1989 Batman score for the music. Best Batman theme ever in my opinion, and it gets me excited to punch super villains in the face every time I hear it.

All that said, I don't know how much I enjoy the open-world sections. I'm still a bit early to make a fair assessment. Also, the control doesn't seem to be on par with the rest of the Lego games, and it generally always pretty annoyingly loose as it is, so it seems especially bad here. There have been several sections where I had trouble figuring out the puzzles simply because a context action wasn't activating as easily as it seemed like it should've. Finally, it actually glitched out on me during the Scarecrow boss fight. The gates weren't bursting open with each wave of enemies. I was able to still beat them through the gates, but as I understand it, once all three waves of fodder enemies are done there's supposed to be some valves to turn, and those didn't show up for me at all so there wasn't anything I could do to progress. I'm playing the Steam version so I don't know if it was just a one time thing or if this game had a shoddy PC port. I guess I'll see if it keeps happening.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2016, 11:11:08 PM »

Just started playing and I'm at Arkham now. I'm kind of in a position where I don't dislike the game but I can't say I totally enjoy it. We'll see as I get further along. I want to see how the other DC Comics characters are used in the game.

So far my only complaint is switching characters. I'm guessing that when doing multiplayer you don't have to keep switching back and forth to do puzzles and get through areas.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2016, 10:17:22 AM »

I'm guessing that when doing multiplayer you don't have to keep switching back and forth to do puzzles and get through areas.

Right. That's why co-op is ideal for this game. Without a partner, I suppose switching constantly can get a little tedious.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2016, 07:51:03 AM »

Switching actually isn't too bad and it only takes roughly a second to gain control of the second character. I just think that it doesn't work as effectively as mulitplayer would because this game is obviously trying to get show the importance of the characters helping each other (and maybe impart the lessons of helpful to one another).

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2016, 06:50:40 AM »

Anyone playing on PC here? The game's been crashing a lot. It's such a bummer that it's been taking me at least an hour to make 30 minutes of progress these past few days.

Last night I got to the part where...
Spoiler (hover to show)

and the game has been alright so far. I don't dislike Lego Batman 2 but it's not doing much for me. That being said, I have to remind myself that I'm not the target audience and that the game is pretty decent. It plays well (except for the crashes Sad ) but it's nothing amazing.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2016, 01:45:53 PM »

I have got a big 8% into the game and its the end of the month

Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2016, 02:26:44 PM »

Finished the story with my brother last weekend on Wii U. Not the best Lego game I've played but still really fun. The co-op as always was brilliant to have in this day and age. The camera was horrible though. And when trying to aim your reticle would move as player 2 moved.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2016, 03:41:56 PM »

Finished up the game last Thursday, just forgot to post about it.  Gameplay-wise, it was okay. Lego humor isn't my thing, but the missions were varied enough and the story-line was decent enough to keep my attention.  At one point, I did feel like, "Wow, how may missions is it going to take before the robot is finished off."  It was a bit of an overkill.  I have to say that my favorite part of this game is playing it while my kids watch and obtaining all the Lego extra characters for them.  I'm only missing three: Supergirl, Martian Manhunter, and Black Canary, but there's no way I'm putting that many hours into this game to get those few.  I've always thought that what makes Batman so good are the villains, and it's neat getting to play as them after you finish the main story.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length