RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:23:36 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Physical Form Forum 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Print
Author Topic: The Physical Form Forum  (Read 114091 times)
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #180 on: January 09, 2018, 10:12:52 PM »

SteamWorld Dig 2 may very well be getting a retail release courtesy of Rising Star games.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #181 on: January 10, 2018, 11:38:07 PM »

Korean version of Battle Garegga is physical: https://www.play-asia.com...garegga-rev2016/13/70bsdd

slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #182 on: January 11, 2018, 07:06:34 AM »

Korean version of Battle Garegga is physical: https://www.play-asia.com...garegga-rev2016/13/70bsdd
And so, so recommended for shmup fans. We got this a few days ago and besides having to translate a HUGE amount of menu options, it is absolutely fantastic. Came with a soundtrack disc too!

Keelah se'lai
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #183 on: January 12, 2018, 11:40:03 PM »

Girls und Panzer (PS4) will be getting a PhysEng in Hong Kong/SE Asia on Feb 27

https://sea.play-asia.com...992&mc_eid=be80b5699e

Also, previously someone mentioned Axiom Verge (PS Vita, PS4, Switch) - according to my sources it SHOULD be released Jan 26 (Australia Day),  but considering this game was originally slated for Oct 2017, I'll believe it when I see it.

EDIT: Can confirm that this product was released in Europe on 26 Jan 2018 for PS Vita, PS4 and Switch.  21 Nov 2017 for the Yanks.  The Wii U version is still forthcoming (but not cancelled).  I'd also advise anyone waiting to get a cheap second hand copy to just buy it new, as the outer box is incredibly cruddy and prone to damage.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 01:00:25 AM by Raidou » Logged
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #184 on: January 19, 2018, 11:01:15 AM »

And so, so recommended for shmup fans. We got this a few days ago and besides having to translate a HUGE amount of menu options, it is absolutely fantastic. Came with a soundtrack disc too!

I will be getting this one!  Battle Garegga has been stoopid expensive for the Saturn for years, so this is finally my opportunity to have a copy.

lendelin
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #185 on: January 22, 2018, 03:12:58 AM »

Battle Garegga is very tempting, but I opted for two other shoot-em-ups from PlayAsia: the new release of Sturmwind which I finally will be able to play on the Dreamcast, and the Japanese physical release of Game Tengoku Paradise Cruisin Mix for the PS4. I'm looking forward to both games, but I will especially enjoy the old Saturn classic from 1997 I heard so much about. With shipping a bit steep ($50) but I just couldn't resist.

I have no parody shooters, even back then when I read in magazines about the SNES Parodius i was disappointed that it never came out in the US.

For some of you who are not familiar with Game Paradise Cruisin Mix, here is a youtube link to the game. Watch in particular the odd stage 5 (9:50). Just great.

serjiomalin
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #186 on: January 29, 2018, 04:16:02 AM »

I will be getting this one!  Battle Garegga has been stoopid expensive for the Saturn for years, so this is finally my opportunity to have a copy.

Can't wait!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 02:08:19 AM by serjiomalin » Logged
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #187 on: January 29, 2018, 11:50:45 AM »

Game Paradise Cruisin Mix *might* be getting a LRG release.  Degica said on twitter they were working on doing Senko no Ronde 2 with LRG and rumored that they were doing another shump with them also which I believed to be Game Paradise Cruisin Mix.  I haven't seen anything official from LRG though. 

Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #188 on: February 09, 2018, 02:45:05 PM »

Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom is getting a physical release on Switch and PS4

https://twitter.com/FDG_G...status/961908140055941120

lendelin
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #189 on: February 10, 2018, 01:35:14 AM »

The fantastic Owlboy on physical disc/cartridge has a release date. Soedesco announced the game for May 29 for the PS4 and the Switch.

@Bear78: That Monsterboy and the Cursed Kingdom is getting a physical release is great news!

I got in the meantime from PlayAsia the two shoot-em-ups Sturmwind (Dreamcast) and Game Paradise Cruisin Mix (PS4) and both games are just great and a blast to play. Sturmwind is a first class shmup, and Game Paradise a wonderful parody shooter.

I got a lot of games from Playasia and eastasisoft recently. Vesta, Coma: The Recut, Unepic, and Bleed and Bleed 2 are all good to great games and worthwhile playing. The exclusive lineup of games from PlayAsia is getting better and better. There are hardly mediocre games in the entire lineup. The limited editions of Rainbow Skies and Rainbow Moon (latter got a release from the unfortunate Limited Run Games a while ago) can be pre-ordered until the end of February.

PlayAsia announced a couple of days ago that the exclusive game available also in LE 'One More Dungeon,' a pixel-art rogue like dungeon crawler, will be soon up for pre-order. Watched reviews for the game, I'm pretty sure that I will pass on this  one.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 01:43:05 AM by lendelin » Logged
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #190 on: March 13, 2018, 10:47:43 AM »

There is ANOTHER limited game publisher getting into the business.  Super Rare Games.  Looks like they are only doing Switch games right now.  Their first release is already out, Human: Fall Flat which is limited to 5000 copies.

https://superraregames.com/

For those keeping count, that makes...
Limited Run Games: PS4, Vita, Switch
Special Reserve Games: PS4 and Switch
Signature Edition Games: PS4, Vita, and Switch
Strictly Limited Games: PS4 and Vita
Play-Asia / EastAsiaSoft: PS4 and Vita
Super Rare Games: Switch
iam8bit: PS4
vblank: PS4, Vita, and Switch
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 11:38:33 AM by Bear78 » Logged

Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #191 on: April 19, 2018, 11:56:54 AM »

There is ANOTHER limited game publisher getting into the business.  Super Rare Games.  Looks like they are only doing Switch games right now.  Their first release is already out, Human: Fall Flat which is limited to 5000 copies.

https://superraregames.com/

For those keeping count, that makes...
Limited Run Games: PS4, Vita, Switch
Special Reserve Games: PS4 and Switch
Signature Edition Games: PS4, Vita, and Switch
Strictly Limited Games: PS4 and Vita
Play-Asia / EastAsiaSoft: PS4 and Vita
Super Rare Games: Switch
iam8bit: PS4
vblank: PS4, Vita, and Switch

And now there is another to add to the ever growing list...

https://twitter.com/hardc...status/979174882616360960

http://www.hardcopygames.com/

Since all of these other guys have started popping up, I've got more selective.  Even with LRG which used to be a "buy every title" thing for me I've now found myself skipping if the game just looks "ok".

Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #192 on: April 19, 2018, 09:25:13 PM »

You also forgot fangamer.  Their console games are usually LRG releases, but Undertale (PS4 & PSV) was wholly theirs and I think they do their own PC games.  This is getting stupid.
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #193 on: April 20, 2018, 12:44:51 AM »

This is getting stupid.
lol, I want to agree with you and I do to an extent. I'm just glad that official physical releases are now viable for smaller developers. If you're completionist about your collecting, I can see how it would be annoying though. I'm currently gunning for a complete LRG Switch set but if another North American company other than vBlank starts doing limited production runs, I might opt to be more selective due to cost.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 12:47:53 AM by Fleabitten » Logged
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #194 on: April 20, 2018, 09:17:18 AM »

Ah yeah, I forgot about fangamer. 

Special Reserve is supposed to be doing Switch games in the future I believe which would be a NA company.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length