RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:05:24 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | She Hate Horror? Podcast Discussion Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: She Hate Horror? Podcast Discussion Thread  (Read 39431 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: August 21, 2016, 07:59:29 AM »

For those of you who listen to the Playcast, you might have heard me mention a new podcast I have been working on with my wife.  Well, we released our pilot episode last night.  We discuss our history with horror films, including which one we saw first and at what age.  Our  plan is to watch 31 films before Halloween and discuss them candidly after each viewing.  We then discuss the rules of our draft and immediately conduct a round robin draft with vetoes.  Which films make the cut and which won't?  Listen and find out.

http://shehatehorror.podb...ero-her-nightmare-begins/
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 03:00:48 PM by singlebanana » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 09:24:15 AM »

I'll be giving this a listen in the office tomorrow. Like a good (and bad) horror film myself
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 12:39:47 PM »

Gave it a listen. I'm looking forwards to hearing more :-)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 02:25:19 PM »

Gave it a listen. I'm looking forwards to hearing more :-)

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed it. Our first episode is already done, but I want to give this a little time to run. Also need to stay ahead watch out 3rd and 4th films.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 07:14:49 PM »

No H.P. Lovecraft adaptations picked.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 08:35:34 PM »

Just finished the episode.

AWESOME job Rich and the Mrs!

I can't wait to hear you two talk more about each movie. You have perfect chemistry and both have nice voices.

It hurts that she nixed Nightmare 3, that movie kicks ass!

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 05:42:34 AM »

Thanks man! We appreciate the listen and the compliment. Our next show will probably be out in the next day or two.

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2016, 10:14:57 AM »

Hey Rich, if you have never seen it, I recommend the movie The Resurrected, directed by Dan o' Bannon. Great little Lovecraft adaptation (IMO)

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2016, 10:39:40 AM »

Hey Rich, if you have never seen it, I recommend the movie The Resurrected, directed by Dan o' Bannon. Great little Lovecraft adaptation (IMO)

Ok, I'll check out a trailer and put it on my list

Pam
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2016, 02:07:03 PM »

Good first episode! You'll be watching a ton of movies I've never seen, so I look forward to hearing about them. I've also put a couple things on my to-watch list.

I totally relate to your wife's need for mid-podcast wine breaks Smiley
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2016, 03:59:01 PM »

Good first episode! You'll be watching a ton of movies I've never seen, so I look forward to hearing about them. I've also put a couple things on my to-watch list.

I totally relate to your wife's need for mid-podcast wine breaks Smiley

Thanks for listening Pam!  Glad we could inspire you to put a few new films on your to-watch list.  We are trying to keep the show spoiler-free and every review around 30 minutes (two per episode, so run time is about an hour), so be sure to listen without worrying about reveals.

Don't know if you saw this on Twitter or not a few weeks ago, but here's the proof:

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2016, 07:17:09 PM »

If I was her, I would just keep the bottle beside me, to refill my glass.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2016, 10:33:27 PM »

It was white wine. You gotta keep that cold. Wink

Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2016, 01:48:53 AM »

Ice bucket
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2016, 09:33:01 AM »

Now you're just asking us to get too fancy....... Wink

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length