RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:08:32 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | She Hate Horror? Podcast Discussion Thread 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print
Author Topic: She Hate Horror? Podcast Discussion Thread  (Read 39615 times)
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2016, 10:00:12 PM »

Awesome, bet that was a great show. I think they came around here in Seattle a little while back. Missed out on them.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2016, 02:27:40 PM »

Our second (technically 3rd) episode should be coming out tomorrow.  Be sure to subscribe if you haven't already so that you don't miss it.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2016, 07:27:02 AM »

Episode #2 - The Wicker Man & It Follows is out now.  Give it a listen and give us some feedback.  Thanks!

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2016, 04:39:36 PM »

This should be interesting to listen to. The first Shehatehorror episode, where I haven't seen either of the films reviewed. Saving this bad boy until tomorrow morning.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2016, 06:21:47 PM »

I approve of the Movietron 9000 sound effect.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2016, 06:29:26 PM »

I approve of the Movietron 9000 sound effect.

Still needs a ticket print and ding sound

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2016, 08:55:46 PM »

A little googling.

Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2016, 02:32:36 PM »

Good listen once again. And 2 great films. Funny they were both about sex
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2016, 03:01:41 PM »

Good listen once again. And 2 great films. Funny they were both about sex

Wow!  I hadn't thought about that, but you're right.  Well.......the kids are into it I guess....

Thanks for the listen buddy!

Have you seen both of these films before?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 03:22:28 PM by singlebanana » Logged

Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2016, 05:29:45 PM »

Yeah. Both over the last couple of years
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2016, 08:25:58 PM »

Looking forward to listening to the new episode but in the meantime, one of my favorite youtubers just dropped an awesome video on the Blair Witch Project I think y'all will enjoy:

http://www.escapistmagazi...f-The-Blair-Witch-Project

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2016, 11:54:05 AM »

Thanks for all the love guys and girls.  The wife and I are really enjoying this project and the words of encouragement, the suggestions, and the wonderful accolades and feedback we have received are very flattering and push us to want to continue to get these out.  So from my wife and I, a very big THANK YOU to my RF Generation family!

We just finished our sixth film yesterday, so a new episode is in the can and in the process of being edited.  Not to give any of the titles away (you should know one already if you listened to the last episode), but you're in for a treat if you are a slasher fan.  A hint on the second film, it's considered the "granddaddy" of the slashers. Wink Even if you are not a fan of this genre (which even my wife says she isn't) I think you will still enjoy this upcoming episode.  Surprisingly, my wife absolutely loved both films and they have been among her favorites so far!

If you've listened to our show, you may have heard me mention another horror podcast that we are a big fan of called "The Hysteria Continues."  If you want further information on some of the films we cover or just really like slashers in general, I really can't recommend this podcast enough.  They are a fun-loving and funny cast of horror fans from Europe and the U.S. and are really worth your time.  We recently got a follow from them on Twitter and the wife and I were simply overjoyed!  Speaking of Twitter, if you haven't already done so, please be sure to follow us and comment on our episodes at @shehatehorror.  We'd also love for you to subscribe to our feed on Podbean (http://shehatehorror.podbean.com) or find us by searching "She Hate Horror" on iTunes.

Thanks again!

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2016, 04:01:11 PM »

I thought the Blair Witch was horrible.  The sequel was much better.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2016, 06:18:50 PM »

I thought the Blair Witch was horrible.  The sequel was much better.

You'll find very few to take your side on that sequel. As we mention in our podcast, it's a "you had to a part of the moment" type film.

Pam
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2016, 11:57:20 AM »

I really enjoyed your discussion of It Follows, particularly the aesthetic choices and the colour differences when It was on screen. Also the tie in with the Old Maid game. I really appreciate how well made the movie is after your discussion. I enjoyed the movie and liked how it played with the whole sex = death trope. In this, sex = death, but the way to distance yourself from death is to have more sex. I thought that was pretty cute.

Also, I liked that you pointed out all the anachronisms in the movies. It really doesn't seem to be set in any particular time period. One thing I was wondering about the opening scene where the girl has the cell phone - perhaps that was meant to be set in the current time, as a way of letting us know that "It" is still around, possibly decades after Jay's story that we're seeing? (I don't remember if any ties between that girl and Jay were drawn that would put them in the same time period). I drew parallels between this film and The Ring as far as the "pass it on" aspect goes and see the opening scene as a way of telling us the horror is not over.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 06:55:46 PM by Pam » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length