RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:04:04 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | She Hate Horror? Podcast Discussion Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print
Author Topic: She Hate Horror? Podcast Discussion Thread  (Read 39356 times)
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2017, 07:43:41 AM »

.... :-(
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2017, 09:14:30 AM »

Listeners will be happy to know that we will be continuing the podcast. Unfortunately, the end of last year was rough for us. Our infant went through a string of horrible ear infections, which meant basically zero sleep for us. No sleep meant no time for movies and certainly no energy to podcast after the kids were in the bed.  In January, our little one had tubes placed in his ears and this has brought us some relief. The infections have not stopped completely, but they are more easily treatable now. 

The second issue was that we watched The Abyss months ago, but now we are so far removed, we can't talk about it as we would like to. On top of that, the film was a complete disappointment, since we somehow had the idea that it was a deep sea horror film. Turns out, it's much more sci-fi heavy with basically no horror elements....bummer. Our idea is to address these issues, scrap The Abyss, and generate the number for our next film.

Our Night of the Comet episode is already in the can and edited, so adding the next episode and getting out a new episode shouldn't more than a few weeks.  Thanks for listening and we hope you will stay tuned.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
FatherJack
On Hiatus
United Kingdom
Awards: 2015 RFGENERATION TOP RUN N' GUNNER

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2017, 09:19:29 AM »

Sorry to hear about your infant but glad they're well again.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #78 on: March 24, 2017, 09:23:46 AM »

Sorry to hear about your infant but glad they're well again.

Well.... He has had 6 infections since the placement, so we are still dealing with it. However, treatment is quicker with ear drops as opposed to liquid meds and healing is quicker. Frustrating when your kid is in pain.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #79 on: March 24, 2017, 10:49:57 AM »

Sorry to hear about your son. I hope things improve soon.
Looking forward to listening to your podcast again though
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2017, 09:59:17 PM »

Episode #5 is up!!!!  So happy to be back in the saddle. I speak for myself and Wife when I say thanks to all those who have supported this effort and have offered encouraging words during our downtime. Enjoy!

https://shehatehorror.pod...-of-the-comet-prom-night/
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 10:29:21 AM by singlebanana » Logged

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2017, 10:32:58 AM »

We made the decision to scrap The Abyss (a decision that we have some fun with during the show) and randomly selected our next film.  Episode #5 ended up being a fun show and covers Night of the Comet and Prom Night.

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2017, 01:31:22 PM »

Awesome, that you and Mrs. Banana, have resumed this Pod. I was kinda wondering when you guys picked the abyss. I think I found out the same thing as kid, renting it from the store. I expected some kind of underwater sci-fi horror, like Deep Star Six or Leviathan, but no such luck! Anyways, I plan on listening later in the day.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2017, 01:48:44 PM »

Awesome, that you and Mrs. Banana, have resumed this Pod. I was kinda wondering when you guys picked the abyss. I think I found out the same thing as kid, renting it from the store. I expected some kind of underwater sci-fi horror, like Deep Star Six or Leviathan, but no such luck! Anyways, I plan on listening later in the day.

You nailed it man!  And ironically, I found out that when doing my research that all three of those films came out in or around the same year.  Thanks for listening.

Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #84 on: April 25, 2017, 01:04:18 PM »

Great listen. Thanks to both of you.

2 films I haven't seen. Night of the comet sounds like one to miss. But I'll have to give Prom Night a watch
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2017, 05:30:53 PM »

2 films I haven't seen. Night of the comet sounds like one to miss. But I'll have to give Prom Night a watch

Dude, Night of the Comet is pretty unique.  Ostensibly a teen-styled post-apocalyptic movie, it features a strong female lead (one might argue two), very nonstandard zombies (think of ghouls from Fallout, before there was Fallout), and Tempest (the arcade game, not the play), and you have a winner.  It even has some amusing Tarantino-esque superhero speculation near the beginning.

*sigh*

Sounds like I'm going to need to listen to your podcast, Rich.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #86 on: April 25, 2017, 05:39:25 PM »

Dude, Night of the Comet is pretty unique.  Ostensibly a teen-styled post-apocalyptic movie, it features a strong female lead (one might argue two), very nonstandard zombies (think of ghouls from Fallout, before there was Fallout), and Tempest (the arcade game, not the play), and you have a winner.  It even has some amusing Tarantino-esque superhero speculation near the beginning.

*sigh*

Sounds like I'm going to need to listen to your podcast, Rich.

You hit a lot of the same points that I do including the Tempest cab. It's not a bad film at all period we quite enjoyed it period I just think if you're looking for a strong horror film, this might not be for you. True there are zombies but only a handful that don't even make up 25% of the film. Had some great banter with Kelly Maloney over Twitter regarding the film. She's great in the movie and what I like most is that she and her co-star are very proud of being in the film.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length