RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:22:13 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Does NTSC Kao the Kangaroo Round 2 (Xbox) actually exist? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Does NTSC Kao the Kangaroo Round 2 (Xbox) actually exist?  (Read 3526 times)
DefaultGen
Memorex VIS

Stats
« on: August 25, 2016, 09:53:41 AM »

It's in the RFG database, sites like Wikipedia, VGChartz, and IGN list its NA release date as March 21 or 22, 2006, but I cannot find so much as a real picture of this game (not a bad mockup, not PAL version, real picture of a physical NTSC game). Of course none on Ebay, Amazon, or anywhere. If this is in fact a real game, it's easily the holy grail of the original Xbox. Did every database just copy and perpetuate bad info, or is this rare as hell?

Games like Fuel and SnoCross 2 are also in the DB, but most other sources will tell you that was cancelled.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 11:27:04 AM by DefaultGen » Logged
RobotWillie
Don't You Know Blackmail is Way Uncool
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 11:39:20 AM »

Game rankings does, and its the best rated version of the 4 console versions.

http://www.gamerankings.c...ngaroo-round-2/index.html

This page has both major regions:

http://www.gamerankings.c...garoo-round-2/images.html

But those are of course just scans.

Here is a scan of the PAL disc.

http://bilder2.eazyauctio...t/artikelbilder/32298.jpg

Here is one that sold on Australia's Ebay last month.

http://www.ebay.com.au/it...E-Fast-Post-/252425287038

It sold for $50 Australian Dollars. That its $38 US Dollars.

So it must be at least semi-rare it it sold for that much as a used game.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 11:50:50 AM by RobotWillie » Logged

DefaultGen
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 01:15:39 PM »

The PAL version definitely exists, but I can't find any evidence of the US release beyond mockups like on Gamerankings and entries in all these online databases. I just want someone to show me a picture of it sitting on a table to prove it doesn't just exist as an artwork asset Smiley
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 02:09:13 PM »

This made me curious but the only NTSC releases I've found are for PS2, Gamecube, and PC.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 02:32:35 PM »

The PAL version definitely exists, but I can't find any evidence of the US release beyond mockups like on Gamerankings and entries in all these online databases. I just want someone to show me a picture of it sitting on a table to prove it doesn't just exist as an artwork asset Smiley

Please be aware that some of our database was imported from the old site, and some of the sources being used weren't properly vetted, so we may have some bad information. We try to clean up what we can when it's reported.

I'm not aware of Kao the Kangaroo 2 existing for Xbox.

It seems like it reached production, as it was assigned a UPC (742725272200), but was never released for NTSC. This tends to happen for a few titles per platform, and sometimes the pre-production copies slip through, creating extremely rare copies (NBA Elite 13 for PS3, for instance). I don't see a released ROM, however, which means that it's unlikely that someone at this point owns a copy, or the ones that are owned are sealed or owned by private collectors.

EDIT: The two people that "own" it don't actually own it. They're known to use the collection tool for their own tracking methods, which causes over-representation.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 02:44:04 PM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

RobotWillie
Don't You Know Blackmail is Way Uncool
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 03:55:39 AM »

I misunderstood what you were saying I guess. I thought you said you had no proof either version (PAL or NTSC) existed.

And that is goofy that they use it for that, at least its known they do that. I myself don't add a game unless I own it, and I have another list of games I used to own (In which case its also sometimes something I might want to get back again later). But I use Amazon and Ebay to keep track of games I want normally (or a note pad too which I have saved with a wishlist).

Anyways, I don't see why else you would track it unless you wanted it. Because its easy to want something that doesn't exist. =) We just have to settle with what does. Pretty profound idea for a topic about a game not existing in a region.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 03:59:47 AM by RobotWillie » Logged

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2016, 12:46:21 PM »

They have "junk" folders where they put games that do not apply to their collecting purposes. It is excluded from their "collection" but won't come up as a missing game when they search the database for games they do not own.

Makes it easier for people who are going for complete sets but don't care about variants or ultra rare one of a kind releases.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length