RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:02:32 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | RF Generation Events | MAGQuest Approacheth! September 24-25 Santa Clara, Calif. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: MAGQuest Approacheth! September 24-25 Santa Clara, Calif.  (Read 11892 times)
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« on: September 04, 2016, 08:34:55 PM »

Hey now, everybody!

Here's the lowdown on the upcoming MAGQuest event! And what is MAGQuest, you might ask? Briefly put, MAGQuest is a part of Baltimore/DC-based MAGFest's effort to establish MAGWest, an annual gaming-and-music convention in the San Francisco Bay Area. ANYway, read on for more details:

NEXT YEAR we're trying to start MAGWest, and in order to do that, MAGFest is throwing a FREE event Sept 24-25, 2016 at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara. We're looking forward to meeting all you beautiful dedicated people on the other side of the country from us. We're looking to gather the local geek event planning community to help exchange ideas on running events, while also building our volunteer army on the West Coast! For two days, you'll be able to participate in presentations on MAGFest/West future plans, as well as any event planning topics that could benefit the local community. We'll also take a hotel tour, play some games, and even have live performances!

We're looking for staff and gaming partners for some face time to kickstart the planning. It's going to be laid back and just fun. So if you live on the West Coast (or wherever!) and want to come out for a weekend to chill with us, we'd love to see you! Bring friends and enjoy a relaxing meeting-party on us!

When: Sept 24-25, 2016 (Sat-Sun)

Where: Hyatt Regency Santa Clara, 5101 Great America Parkway, Santa Clara, CA 95054

Specifically: Santa Clara Ballroom (mezzanine floor)

Tickets: No tickets! EVENT IS FREE

Parking: Parking is also FREE

Get more details about MAGQuest at http://magfest.org/westannouncement/magquest/

MAGFest's web page: http://magfest.org/

Thank you for your attention. Oh, and not that you care, but I do plan to attend both days. Maybe I'll see one of you there, who knows...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 08:38:49 PM by Zagnorch » Logged
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 03:17:16 PM »

Damn, I gotta work all day on both days of the event. Just can't get out of it. Not sure I'll be able to attend after all... Sad
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 06:56:44 PM »

If things and stuff weren't so busy right now, I'd almost come down to see the show and y'all. Maybe next year. Ask for time off now  Smiley
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 12:19:51 AM »

If things and stuff weren't so busy right now, I'd almost come down to see the show and y'all. Maybe next year. Ask for time off now  Smiley

I might be able to catch a few hours on Saturday morning before I have to hit the sweat factory. I'll definitely post info about MAGWest for y'all when they finally get things jelled.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 04:51:47 PM »

If everything shakes out as planned following MAGQuest, the inaugural MAGWest event will be held somewhere in the South Bay-- most likely Santa Clara-- sometime in the summer of 2017.

UPDATE: the event will start at 11:00 AM on Saturday, and will continue until 4:00 PM on Sunday. Looks like I can hang out on Saturday night and Sunday morning.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 05:07:50 PM by Zagnorch » Logged
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 05:45:45 PM »

Cool!

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 07:42:02 PM »

Cool!

I'll keep my ear to the ground for any info that might lead to RF Gen being a part of MAGWest. Eon knows the Silicon Valley could use a proper annual gaming convention...
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2016, 11:28:30 AM »

Oh great... now I have a really bad dizziness/nausea thing currently goin' on... just made an acute-care appointment to (hopefully) figure out what the deal is... gonna completely miss this now...  grrr
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2016, 01:25:59 PM »

That's no fun. Why did you choose to do that over the show?

Get better though.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2016, 07:10:41 PM »

That's no fun. Why did you choose to do that over the show?

If it were my choice between going to a local gaming con OR hitting the local urgent care clinic, getting my blood drawn, and being prescribed a stronger blood-pressure medication, the latter option wouldn't stand a chance.

Now I gotta set up a few more appointments to really figure out what the problem is. Figures that this kind of thing would happen on a weekend...

Get better though.

If you have the time, why not come on down and check out the GaymerX convention taking place next weekend in the same venue MAGQuest is using this weekend...

http://gaymerx.com

It's time to stop living a lie, my good man. There's nothing wrong with being true to yourself...  Grin
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2016, 10:52:39 PM »

Something to look into, because my wife suffers from it and we find that it seems to impact people and they don't realize it:
Does your blood pressure suddenly drop or raise at all? If you get up quickly, do you find you feel dizzy or feel like you need to sit back down? If so, it's not high blood pressure but your body's inability to regulate it.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length