RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:09:29 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | Games with no manuals 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Games with no manuals  (Read 4299 times)
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« on: September 06, 2016, 04:53:35 PM »

It's more and more common with new games not to come with any kind of physical manual.  Is there a good place to note this in a games entry?  

Or when submitting a game that does not come with a manual maybe have a check mark for physical or digital only?  Or a new field for manual type?

Just something I thought of.  When I add a game to my collection that does not physically have a manual I check that field anyway so I see it as "complete" in my collection but it would be nice to note somewhere if a game actually came with a manual or not.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 10:02:17 PM by Bear78 » Logged

Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 08:24:03 PM »

Add as trivia?
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 02:50:09 PM »

Hey guys, bumping this up again.  What about adding an image to the manual field for these entries like this?

[img width=550 height=550]https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5624/30981629391_bddef22b0c_o.jpg[/img]

Just thought I would throw it out there.  If not, the trivia way is probably the way to go.

Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 12:46:50 PM »

It's been discussed before being able to mark those games without a manual when submitting the entry. This idea seemed popular but didn't go anywhere.

Obviously it's got to be appreciated everyone working on this site is a volunteer and doing the programming takes time.
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 12:37:16 AM »

Obviously it's got to be appreciated everyone working on this site is a volunteer and doing the programming takes time.
This is important to keep in mind.
Also I think we need to keep a master list of features and tweaks/fixes that members agree upon that are needed. There are a bunch and I think Shadow/other programmers would find it convenient to have them in one place instead of having to look through threads that fall off the first page or go unnoticed or forgotten. I might put together a post for that soon.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2016, 11:44:29 AM »

It would certainly be easier for me to see a master list. I'll be (hopefully) working on the site during the holiday break. Most of the house work is starting to slow down now.

Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2016, 03:01:57 PM »

Thanks for all the work guys, it's much appreciated.

I've just been adding this as trivia for now but in my perfect situation, if there could be a checkmark box or something that when selected, listed the game as not having a physical manual and turned off the manual image field or threw a image like the one I posted in that field that would be awesome.  

Not sure what is all possible but just my 2 cents.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2016, 04:28:05 PM »

Think it'll be a mixture of a checkbox plus a default for the console in question.
The collection info pages are a mixture of languages, so it's not just a drop in change I can do and requires database modification too.

Not that I won't get it done, just it's not as simple as adding a checkbox. Cry

Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2016, 05:08:55 PM »

ah that's a pain. 

I'm mostly concerned about the visibility of the info in the mobile app to be honest.  Would like to be able to look up the game and see there is no physical manual in the app. 

When I'm adding a game with no physical manual to my collection, I'm still marking down that I have the manual just so the game is "complete" in my eyes.

toze3
DB Reviewer
Portugal

Stats
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2017, 11:59:18 AM »

In my opinion the best way to do this is allowing non-number characters in the quantities. Like a "/" or even a "N/A".

In the mobile APP it just allow numbers, so it's impossible now to do, in the website it allow other characters, but will return to zeros on the APPS and website collection list.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length