RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:56:57 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | October 2016 Community Playthrough - Shadow of Destiny 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: October 2016 Community Playthrough - Shadow of Destiny  (Read 8629 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2016, 05:12:03 PM »

Sounds like a good plan Floyd

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2016, 11:49:30 AM »

I started playing last night and boy is this a weird one.  Seems fairly linear right now, but I only knocked out a few chapters.  Overall, I like the idea and story behind this game. Having to keep up with present time is odd, but keeps you on your toes. 

Not a big fan of not being able to change your view with the second thumbstick. I was messing around with this game on my PS3 last night, but I assume that's still the case when playing it on the PS2.  Also, I don't like the limitations; alleyways being blocked by dogs is a kind of silly way to keep you "in-bounds."

Interested to see how this one plays out, though right now it feels more like a point and click adventure than an action/adventure/puzzle game.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2016, 02:09:54 PM »

So I agree I want to use the second analog, but I have finished it twice, first on the psp (ending C ) and then on the ps2 (D on ps2 ), the second playthrough you can skip the dialog so that is nice, also
Spoiler (hover to show)
the biggest issue I had most of the chapters did not give you a lot of extra options so if you know it's coming you can't do that first you have to trigger the event that's kind of annoying but understandable. One difference which I don't understand between the PSP and the PS2 they swap the buttons that open the map and open the menu so when I played the PS2 I opened the map all the time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 03:33:29 PM by bickman2k » Logged

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2016, 08:04:52 AM »

I had the day off yesterday, so I sat down for a few hours and played some SoD.  I completed up to Chapter 8, which I understand is the final chapter, before having to go pick up my kids.  So far, I have mixed feelings about the game. While I love the concept, I feel like the execution is a little lazy and quite a bit more linear than I expected.  Sure, there are other paths you can take through the game and there are a few dialogue/action choices, but it seems that you are directed toward the same chapter ending.  Perhaps I'm incorrect here and will discover that it's not quite so linear in the second playthrough.

The dialogue in the game is also a bit off. I noticed it particularly with the character Margarete. Like some of the other characters, while the dialogue is proper, the inflection is way off.  When confronted with being turned over to the constable in the 2nd chapter, her voice is very matter-of-fact, when she should sound more scared or threatened.  There are many instances in the game with other characters where inflection is really off as well.

I can't help but to think that I've heard Eike's voice in something else we have played, but I looked up the voice actor's info and it appears that we haven't. Hmm...odd.

Even though I have a few issues with the game, I'm still enjoying it a great deal and very curious to see how everything ends up.

Pam
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2016, 08:25:30 AM »

I sat down to play this weekend but had technical difficulties. Will just did a new setup of our entertainment center and all the consoles are going through a scart splitter, the framemeister and my recorder. The rest of the consoles are working alright, but I'm not getting any sound on my PS2. Sad So, I need him to fix it before I can play.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2016, 11:20:02 AM »

I sat down to play this weekend but had technical difficulties. Will just did a new setup of our entertainment center and all the consoles are going through a scart splitter, the framemeister and my recorder. The rest of the consoles are working alright, but I'm not getting any sound on my PS2. Sad So, I need him to fix it before I can play.

Will = Gremlin Wink

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2016, 04:09:42 PM »

To give you a heads-up on the framemeister the game does go between 240p and 480i so you get a lot of black screens and sometimes and framemeister locks up but I found if I play it on my backwards compatible PlayStation 3 it only stays at 480i but I still like the framemeister through the PS3 on the PS2 games

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2016, 05:11:54 PM »

Yeah I started playing this on my PS3 and it didn't look good at all.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2016, 05:04:37 PM »

I just messed up and game over-ed in chapter five. I know what I did wrong, and..you can't skip the cutscenes. Damn.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2016, 07:03:37 PM »

You can skip those cutscenes in additional playthroughs if you have seen them before

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2016, 07:53:21 PM »

You can skip those cutscenes in additional playthroughs if you have seen them before

That's good to know. Just finished with the "B" ending. Debating whether to actually play or just youtube the other endings.

Either way, I still think this is a cool little game, though I agree with you Rich that the voice acting is beyond tone deaf at times.

I also agree that the game is more linear than it seems. It's an "on rails" adventure game, as it were.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2016, 04:56:25 AM »

I saved right at level 5 I think I'm going to look up all the ending also.  I have tried to play it a 3rd time but it's not that engaging.

Pam
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2016, 10:24:05 PM »

To give you a heads-up on the framemeister the game does go between 240p and 480i so you get a lot of black screens and sometimes and framemeister locks up but I found if I play it on my backwards compatible PlayStation 3 it only stays at 480i but I still like the framemeister through the PS3 on the PS2 games

Finally started playing. This is definitely a pain in the butt, I had this problem when I played Double Switch on Saturn with the Framemeister too. And since I'm recording the play through, in case I want to do a review, it's doubly annoying because it stops recording when it loses the signal. I've been avoiding looking at the maps because of this.

The concept so far is kinda neat but I agree with what everyone's said about the voice acting. There's not a whole lot of gameplay to it. It's seems like it's mostly cutscenes/dialogue with maybe 1 inventory puzzle per chapter.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2016, 07:36:03 AM »

Curious as to everyone's progress. Be sure to check in.

Pam
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2016, 09:30:06 AM »

I finished the game and got ending B. I may go back and playthrough again from chapter 5 to see another ending.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length