RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:00:04 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | Option for mods to "request more info" rather than reject/resubmit 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Option for mods to "request more info" rather than reject/resubmit  (Read 1977 times)
matt
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« on: September 15, 2016, 05:14:59 AM »

I have had a few addition rejected, only to find it was a mod mistake after I send them photos of the item or provide extra information.

It would be nice if they had the option to "request more information" to avoid having to submit the same item multiple times
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 08:21:57 PM »

I have had a few addition rejected, only to find it was a mod mistake after I send them photos of the item or provide extra information.

It would be nice if they had the option to "request more information" to avoid having to submit the same item multiple times

they should be sending you a PM along with the rejection to explain why it was rejected, but maybe this would be better with a change in policy? it would be simpler for staff to simply send the PM first to discuss the issue they have with it, then if it turns out the submission is correct they can approve it without needing it to be resubmitted.

it would be nice to have the option you mentioned as well, i just think staff doing things like i mentioned above might be a good hold over until they can implement that feature.
matt
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 05:33:37 AM »

I think either would be an improvement. Cheers
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 09:53:34 AM »

I always send a PM first if I need more information, but it's not always apparent that there's missing information.

Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 12:18:52 PM »

if your submission could be mistaken for something already in the database you can always add a comment when you submit explaining the difference
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2016, 01:15:37 PM »

if your submission could be mistaken for something already in the database you can always add a comment when you submit explaining the difference

that's a good point, i've used that before, even if only to mention that i will be submitting scans after it's approved.
matt
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2016, 04:22:27 PM »

I've started doing that also.

I should also offer to add photos if the mod can't find any information on the item online.

Cheers
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length