RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:56:04 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | SOS! Final Fantasy Anthology, USA Release, Greatest Hits Label, SquareEnix Logo! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: SOS! Final Fantasy Anthology, USA Release, Greatest Hits Label, SquareEnix Logo!  (Read 1905 times)
ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« on: October 13, 2016, 12:44:28 PM »

Hi. Here's the situation: I received a copy of Final Fantasy Anthology for the PS1 today, and shock! The PS1 Discs within the case have Silver Backs, not Black! WHAT?! Some research has left me with 2 possible conclusions - Knock-Offs with cracked Copy Protection (Is that possible? Note that these DO work on my PS3.), or that SquareEnix made they're very late PS1 Games with Silver Backs, instead of the standard Black. This is SERIOUSLY worrying me. So I ask this: If anyone has a US Copy of FF Anthology, and it has the Greatest Hits Label and the SquareEnix Logo on the case, could you look at the back of the discs, and see if they are Silver or Black for me? Thanks!

[img width=300 height=70]https://image.ibb.co/fSULkF/Signature_zpsfvzatdip.png[/img]
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 12:47:05 PM »

I can confirm that there was a late reprint of Square Enix titles on PS1 with Silver Backs, including Final Fantasy VII, VII, IX, Origins and Anthology. Jason Dvorak mentioned it a while back, and Square Enix was selling them direct from their website.

ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 12:51:01 PM »

I can confirm that there was a late reprint of Square Enix titles on PS1 with Silver Backs, including Final Fantasy VII, VII, IX, Origins and Anthology. Jason Dvorak mentioned it a while back, and Square Enix was selling them direct from their website.

Thank you Shadow, you are a lifesaver! This is indeed legit, then!

Is this the entry for it? http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=U-061-S-04111-B

If it is, I will submit Scans ASAP!

[img width=300 height=70]https://image.ibb.co/fSULkF/Signature_zpsfvzatdip.png[/img]
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 01:03:15 PM »

Yessir, that's it. Just make sure the case and discs have the ESA notice on them instead of the IDSA notice.

ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2016, 09:47:04 AM »

I checked, and the case and discs do have the ESA Notice. I've submitted the images as of this post. Smiley

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2016, 02:39:45 PM »

Nice scans! Thanks.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length