RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 11:28:45 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | RFGeneration Secret Santa 2016!!!! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print
Author Topic: RFGeneration Secret Santa 2016!!!!  (Read 28962 times)
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2016, 11:46:48 PM »

Got my package a few days ago, here's the haul:

[img width=700 height=525]http://i.imgur.com/BC0wa7H.jpg[/img]
The extras part 1. Love the N64 lanyard. The N logo sticker is going on the back of my car. Hopefully it will weather the elements for a good while. The mario tin will find company with my Pac-Man ghost tins. Also I had no idea that thing was a pin until I looked at the back. It's enormous lol

[img width=700 height=525]http://i.imgur.com/LnmDRlj.jpg[/img]
Extras part 2. I LOVE these. Not sure whether to open the packs or not. But they're easily one of the coolest gifts I've gotten in a while. The catalog booklet is going to be awesome 15-20 years down the line. A while ago I was linked some scans of mid 90s Toys R Us video game flyers and man are they super nostalgic.

[img width=700 height=525]http://i.imgur.com/ekCE1Yx.jpg[/img]
A very nice stack of N64 games. They're already cleaned, end-labeled and snug on my shelf. Glad to cross some sports games off the list. Robotron looks pretty cool too and I need to give it a go soon. I looked up the '98 Winter Olympics the other night and was surprised to find out they were held in Nagano, Japan. Very fitting for the season. This also led to me watching a bunch of 90s MTV commercials. Thanks, Youtube.

[img width=700 height=525]http://i.imgur.com/q7lxdIc.jpg[/img]
And finally... I had a vague idea of what this was. I popped it in to my SNES and the second I saw the 16-bit trees come on the screen I said 'oh~'. It's Secret of Mana!

Thanks so much to my secret santa. Also the sender name rings a bell...  Grin
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 05:26:11 PM by Fleebitten » Logged
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2016, 05:46:57 AM »

Sorry you missed it Deadman. We promoted it on the front page in the Site News this year and not on its own. Hope you're doing well. Been a long time. Smiley

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2016, 12:02:53 PM »

I completely spaced out and missed this again this year.   I was actually going to re-join this year, but never saw any promotion on the front page and my one-track mind didn't think to even search for Secret Santa until today.   Please do the forums a solid and post pictures of all of your boxes this year!   For those of us who miss out, it makes us feel like we are still part of the in-crowd.

Happy Holidays RFG!

Or, I can just send you something for SS this year but it'll be a little late. I still owe you for the huge gift you gave me for the first SS. Smiley

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2016, 08:22:41 AM »

This year I thought I would do an unboxing video.  I was REALLY stoked with the goodies I got this year. My Secret Santa was really awesome and found some great stuff off my wishlist.  Not sure who my Secret Santa was this year, but sincerely, THANK YOU SO MUCH for the wonderful gifts.

P.S. After the video, I noticed that not only did my SS go to the trouble of wrapping the gifts, but the wrapping paper is incredible!  Star Wars light saber wrapping paper FTW!

Happy Holidays to all!

« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 08:27:55 AM by singlebanana » Logged

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2016, 11:53:06 AM »

Glad you enjoyed the gun and shorts! I thought the program would be a nice surprise when you opened the box up though.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2016, 06:37:47 PM »

Nice PS2 gets Rich!!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
bickman2k
Director
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2016, 07:58:53 PM »

My son Clay got his box a few days ago and we just got an unboxing done.

Thanks Santa!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 08:03:53 AM by bickman2k » Logged

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2016, 08:03:45 PM »

Very cool video Clay!

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2016, 09:22:54 PM »

Got my box of stuff today, will post em up on xmas

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2016, 11:02:52 AM »

Since I'm sure you recognize the address... Roll Eyes
It's from my wife.

Deadman
Donor

WWW Stats
« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2016, 12:23:06 PM »

Sorry you missed it Deadman. We promoted it on the front page in the Site News this year and not on its own. Hope you're doing well. Been a long time. Smiley

No worries at all on my end.  LIke I said before, I've really had to curtail the collecting a lot which means I don't buy any doubles or extras to trade because I just don't put in the hours and miles like I used to.   That makes it more difficult to participate, but next year I'll try to hop back in.   All is well here, and I appreciate the sentiment.    Happy Holidays, Merry CHristmas, Happy Hanukkah to all!
Deadman
Donor

WWW Stats
« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2016, 12:26:26 PM »

I completely spaced out and missed this again this year.   I was actually going to re-join this year, but never saw any promotion on the front page and my one-track mind didn't think to even search for Secret Santa until today.   Please do the forums a solid and post pictures of all of your boxes this year!   For those of us who miss out, it makes us feel like we are still part of the in-crowd.

Happy Holidays RFG!

Or, I can just send you something for SS this year but it'll be a little late. I still owe you for the huge gift you gave me for the first SS. Smiley

Ha!  Thanks for thinking of me but it's not necessary.   I'll be back next year with a vengeance, posting in the forums, adding to the db, and participating in SS.     Until then, I'll just keep on lurking... peeping in your windows....  creeping you guys out....   Smiley

Oh, and before I forget, have I missed the RFG pledge drive?    I need to get my yearly donation in.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #72 on: December 22, 2016, 01:06:04 PM »

Thanks so much to my secret santa. Also the sender name rings a bell...  Grin

I think I know who had you...

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
bickman2k
Director
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2016, 09:40:33 AM »

I completely spaced out and missed this again this year.   I was actually going to re-join this year, but never saw any promotion on the front page and my one-track mind didn't think to even search for Secret Santa until today.   Please do the forums a solid and post pictures of all of your boxes this year!   For those of us who miss out, it makes us feel like we are still part of the in-crowd.

Happy Holidays RFG!

Ha!  Thanks for thinking of me but it's not necessary.   I'll be back next year with a vengeance, posting in the forums, adding to the db, and participating in SS.     Until then, I'll just keep on lurking... peeping in your windows....  creeping you guys out....   Smiley

Oh, and before I forget, have I missed the RFG pledge drive?    I need to get my yearly donation in.
We have been able to push back the donation drive until after the holidays.

Also, a box with a familiar address arrived this morning! Will try to get another unboxing video up soon!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2016, 08:12:42 PM »

Having a lot of fun seeing the gifts and videos. Sorry I couldn't get in this year, but keep posting these up!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length