RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:03:27 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | NES Cartridge Mod 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: NES Cartridge Mod  (Read 2194 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« on: December 29, 2016, 09:10:48 PM »

I've finally finished my little project I have been working on:

[img width=700 height=933]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa293/cvanderhoef/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20161228_2019213_rewind.jpg[/img]

[img width=700 height=525]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa293/cvanderhoef/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20161229_1612114_rewind.jpg[/img]

I put a Raspberry Pi Zero with a 64Gb micro SD card with Retropie inside.  Currently I have NES, SNES, Genesis, Trubo Grafx-16, and SMS on it with many more coming.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 10:08:04 PM »

That's neat. If only you could make a plastic piece to go around the IO. Like a 3D printed piece or something.

Looks good though.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 11:56:15 PM »

That's neat. If only you could make a plastic piece to go around the IO. Like a 3D printed piece or something.

Looks good though.

I hear ya.  I initially used velcro tape but it was too thick as I couldn't close the case.   So I used something else on the mini HDMI to HDMI cable but that came loose.  I tried something else and that seems better but the USB hub moves a little bit which annoys me a bit and the micro USB is crooked.  Nothing wrong with it i just annoys me.  I'm still not sold on what I am using right not to hold some of the components in but time will tell.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2017, 05:39:39 PM »

I had thought about doing this with my extra zero, but then Kitsch-Bent came out with the SNES-style common ground PCB and it made me want to make another handheld.
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 12:33:31 AM »

Pretty cool.  I hope to do a Pi 3 project similar to that, but not in a cartridge.  Just something I can hook up for easy access.

shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 07:16:43 PM »

Pretty cool.  I hope to do a Pi 3 project similar to that, but not in a cartridge.  Just something I can hook up for easy access.

Yeah, after setting up the Retro Freak, I'm considering switching to a Pi 3 with a 128GB card and PS3 controller. Then I can have it running all the time and it won't take 5 minutes to collate my games.
NeoMagicWarrior
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2017, 06:24:22 PM »

Yeah.. I really like my Pi3. It makes bringing games with me to friend's houses easier.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length