RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:58:02 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | Battlefield 1 Amazon Exclusive Collectors Edition 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Battlefield 1 Amazon Exclusive Collectors Edition  (Read 2400 times)
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« on: January 01, 2017, 09:06:19 PM »

OK, so this is kind of a weird one.  Amazon did an exclusive collectors edition for Battlefield 1 but instead of doing different packaging for each version of the game, the just made the package for the CE then added a slot in the top with a magnetic flap to slip the game into before shipping out.  So technically, if you ordered the PS4 version it would come with the PS4 game inside of it but not sealed inside of it.  It really more or less add-on to whatever version you wanted (console / standard or deluxe).  So, my question is, is this something that's eligible to be added to the database?

https://www.amazon.com/Ba...mp;keywords=battlefield+1

I actually bought the version that didn't even come with a game essentially making my PS4 standard release that I bought earlier into the PS4 collectors edition.

Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 01:22:46 PM »

Here in the UK, Godfather on PS2 could be preordered from a particular retailer and you would get a metal case to put the game in with a coffin like lining. You would get this whether you ordered the standard or special edition version of the game.

I would suggest this is a similar situation to that. In the case of Godfather it was deemed that the metal case would be extra media against both the standard and special edition variations, not a separate variation
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 08:55:31 PM »

Here in the UK, Godfather on PS2 could be preordered from a particular retailer and you would get a metal case to put the game in with a coffin like lining. You would get this whether you ordered the standard or special edition version of the game.

I would suggest this is a similar situation to that. In the case of Godfather it was deemed that the metal case would be extra media against both the standard and special edition variations, not a separate variation
I actually have that case. Mine came with a bunch of games when I bought a PS2 from a charity shop. Smiley
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 12:48:54 AM »

OK, so this is kind of a weird one.  Amazon did an exclusive collectors edition for Battlefield 1 but instead of doing different packaging for each version of the game, the just made the package for the CE then added a slot in the top with a magnetic flap to slip the game into before shipping out.  So technically, if you ordered the PS4 version it would come with the PS4 game inside of it but not sealed inside of it.  It really more or less add-on to whatever version you wanted (console / standard or deluxe).  So, my question is, is this something that's eligible to be added to the database?

https://www.amazon.com/Ba...mp;keywords=battlefield+1

I actually bought the version that didn't even come with a game essentially making my PS4 standard release that I bought earlier into the PS4 collectors edition.

"This bundle does not include the game"
Not eligible.

The listed examples offer some interesting scenarios though.
Other CEs have had sort of the same thing but typically the outer case ends up with a slip cover to denote what system while the inner box and contents are the same cross platform barring the system specific standard release that gets slid into one of those strange little one way plastic doors.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 12:51:18 AM by Izret101 » Logged

Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 11:05:29 PM »

Not a problem and that's kind of what I figured. Just thought I would ask as this was my first experience with the external slot for the game without opening the rest of the package design.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length