RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:18:34 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Submitted Screenshots 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Submitted Screenshots  (Read 1575 times)
RobotWillie
Don't You Know Blackmail is Way Uncool
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« on: January 12, 2017, 05:59:25 AM »

So I have these Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition screenshots that I took while I played the game a few years ago and just thought of the great idea of putting them on here. So I edited one down to the 550 pixel short side as your rule says. All of them were taken with the games built in camera mode. But it automatically adds the Gran Turismo water mark to the top right hand part of the picture. So I have uploaded one as an action shot. I won't be surprised if someone rejects it though.

I took them on my PS3, but does the automatic watermark mean that I should not upload them, because Sony still "owns" the screenshots I took with their in game tool.  
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 06:01:05 AM by RobotWillie » Logged

Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 07:58:49 AM »

I'm looking at in on my iPhone and it's just showing as a blank image. I'll look later on my PC unless someone gets to it first
RobotWillie
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 01:36:59 PM »

Maybe then that answers the question and its some security feature embedded in the picture, or maybe your phone doesn't like PNG.

Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 01:39:07 PM »

Works fine on my PC. And having approved it I can view it on the games page on my phone
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 01:40:50 PM »

As to the watermark, I can't see Sony "owning" this any more than with any other image taken from a game. It's not like you've gone onto their website and taken the picture from there.

Any other thoughts on that from those higher up?
RobotWillie
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 01:50:07 PM »

I will be submitting a few more than for the game later on tonight. Unless someone else says otherwise. But I agree, I don't see why I shouldn't be able to put them as screenshots on the games page.

Edit: And considering... only a few PS3 games had built in cameras or movie clip makers, but you can do it with any PS4 game with it console built in movie capturing and picture ability. So I will be submitting shots I took on that sometime in the future, but it doesn't even water mark PS4 games at all.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 02:04:40 PM by RobotWillie » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length