RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:05:33 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | March 2017 Playthrough - Diablo 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: March 2017 Playthrough - Diablo  (Read 29242 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2017, 03:44:39 PM »

I'm really digging the motivation to play and positive vibe that I'm getting from this pick. Should be a great month!

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2017, 04:53:46 PM »

Do we start playing on the 1st? I've only participated in one of these, so I forgot.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2017, 05:35:19 PM »

Do we start playing on the 1st? I've only participated in one of these, so I forgot.

Yep, March 1st

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2017, 06:15:44 PM »

Alrighty. Nothing better than a good RPG to start the Month with. Smiley

NeoMagicWarrior
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2017, 05:05:30 PM »

I think I'ma try and jump in on this one. Only ever played bits/pieces of it before. Also, gonna try and struggle through the PS1 version, as I can emulate it on a psp pretty nicely.

Always looking for more Xbox Live Friends!!!!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2017, 08:41:40 PM »

Alright, let's hear everyone's history with this game.

Pam
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2017, 12:46:52 PM »

I have no history with this game, I've only played the newest Diablo. I was always a big CRPG fan, but Diablo looked more loot-grindy than story, character, or decision-based, so I never tried 1 or 2.
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2017, 01:56:06 PM »

I bought it around release. I played it with my friends for months but never finished it. I don't know what happened to my original copy but I bought my current copy from a guy who was downsizing his PC collection. I ended up with a CIB copy and Hellfire for $5.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2017, 02:02:46 PM »

I owned the original Diablo on PS1 back in the day, but I was a huge wuss as a kid and the game scared me too much for me to make it very far.  I've played both of the sequels since and enjoyed them, so I'm excited to check out the first game in the series.

Spoiler (hover to show)

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2017, 02:06:29 PM »

Well if Disposed Hero is making a confession I will to...

Spoiler (hover to show)

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2017, 02:13:49 PM »

I have very vivid memories of this game and playing it in my dorm room my Junior year of college. I was still not an owner of my first PC yet. I shared a PC that belonged to my roommate and he had the game right after release. Being a console gamer, I was decent, but really didn't grasp the concept well, and thus, never made it past The Butcher... My goal is to kick this game's ass next month.

What class are you guys playing as?

Spoiler (hover to show)

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2017, 03:44:18 PM »

I'm playing as a Warrior.  I started as a Sorcerer, but got destroyed by the first group of enemies I came into contact with, so I decided to try a sturdier class.  I'll probably try the Sorcerer again after I finish the game as the Warrior.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2017, 10:03:31 AM »

I played Diablo III vanilla version on PS3 last year. I loved it, but promptly mailed it to Singlebanana as I figured if it deserved a place in my physical collection, I could grab the souped up PS4 version some time in the future for a replay.

I haven't started Diablo yet, but I'll be playing the PS1 version as the female protag; the rogue.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2017, 11:16:49 AM »

I haven't started Diablo yet, but I'll be playing the PS1 version as the female protag; the rogue.

Ghost lub da ladies

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2017, 09:07:33 AM »

Spoiler (hover to show)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length