RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:58:13 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | March 2017 Playthrough - Diablo 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Print
Author Topic: March 2017 Playthrough - Diablo  (Read 29238 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #105 on: March 09, 2017, 09:43:37 AM »

I assume people already know this but if you hold down the shift key while firing with the Rogue and wizard your character will remain stationary and not accidentally move around the level.

I didn't know that but it's good to know since I just started a Rogue playthrough.   Smiley

It was odd.  The last time I played this game was 20 years ago and I somehow remembered this last night when I was on the 2nd floor.  It's really key to maneuvering and a successful playthrough.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #106 on: March 09, 2017, 09:46:10 AM »

Not sure if anyone noticed it yet, but the Playthroughs now have a spot on the main forums. We are much easier to find now. Yippee!

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #107 on: March 10, 2017, 06:58:36 AM »

I assume people already know this but if you hold down the shift key while firing with the Rogue and wizard your character will remain stationary and not accidentally move around the level.

I actually didn't know that but it is also helpful as the warrior because when you're standing in the doorway, you want to block the path of the baddies so they don't come flooding in on you. If you're in a clicking frenzy it can be easy for your character to move when you didn't want him to. This is a big help.

In the past two days I've done floors 11-14 and damn they're getting a little tedious. It's not even particularly difficult, there are just so many waves of enemies, and not many doorways to funnel them through, so it's basically hack away while spamming healing items then go and restock said healing items, rinse and repeat. I definitely don't have a suggestion for how they could've done anything differently, especially at the time, but it's getting annoying!

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #108 on: March 10, 2017, 09:44:04 AM »

I tend to agree with you here Shawn in terms of playing the warrior.  Seems like I was always porting back and forth to town buying tons of health pots or dropping off a full inventory.  Levels seem as if you start to peck away at them instead of playing through them all at one time.  I think this may be better with ranged classes that take less melee damage.  With areas so open in the Caves, there are less corners, but I still managed to drag partial mobs way back and only have to take on a few at a time.  Same can be said for Hell. 

Best of luck to finishing up and oh yeah, be sure to draw to Diablo from the adds that protect him.  If not, you'll go down quick.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #109 on: March 11, 2017, 06:45:15 AM »

It seems that if you get a quest, it will be on the next floor, is there at anytime that the quest will be 2 floors down from when you get it? I am working on finding the bone room. I got the quest on floor 7 and have not found it on floor I yet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #110 on: March 11, 2017, 07:15:33 AM »

The Bone Chamber is and actual set of stairs. Should be too long to find after you get it. Completed it with my rogue last night. You might have just thought that the stairs go down to the next level.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #111 on: March 11, 2017, 07:20:41 AM »

Also, I want to mention that the  Halls of the Blind quest can be a little tricky. Reading from a book opens up an area on the same floor. You will know the area by these bright yellowish green enemies around it. The way to complete the quest is to pick up the amulet one of them drops. It's kind of small and can be a little hard to locate at times but is within one of the two very small rooms.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #112 on: March 11, 2017, 10:13:07 AM »

Slogging my way through floor 14 and 15 and much unlike the bulk of the game to this point, this is the height of boredom and tedium. This is the first time in the game I don't care about killing everything. I'm just saying please let me find the f*cking stairs to end this ridiculousness. The hell section of this game truly lives up to its name.

Granted I suck at video games and hate them, but I can't wait for this garbage to be over. 

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #113 on: March 12, 2017, 07:55:56 AM »

Did you check to see what Wirt is selling?
Yeah, he has a mace

Pretty sure Wirt gets a new item to sell each time you enter the dungeon and return to town. Worth checking from time to time.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #114 on: March 12, 2017, 08:01:27 AM »

Having slept on it, my rage has subsided. I will not ever forget the early mornings working my way through floors 3-13 making my character richer and more powerful. I loved it.

I stand by what I said about floors 14-16, but the game was amazing up until that point.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #115 on: March 12, 2017, 04:12:35 PM »

Did you check to see what Wirt is selling?
Yeah, he has a mace

Pretty sure Wirt gets a new item to sell each time you enter the dungeon and return to town. Worth checking from time to time.
Good to know, he is always priced too high for me right now

NeoMagicWarrior
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #116 on: March 13, 2017, 08:42:38 PM »

Snow Day tomorrow, so I may get to get some more of this played...not sure if I'll finish, but I'll sure give it a go.

Always looking for more Xbox Live Friends!!!!
BuriedOnMars
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #117 on: March 17, 2017, 09:34:03 PM »

Now that I finished Zelda BOTW I thought I get back to this.  I started playing as a Warrior and was doing okay at first.  I did the water supply mission, no problem. Now I have to fight this crazy king and the skeletons with fire arrows are slapping me silly on level 3.  I think I may restart with a mage.  I`m at a huge disadvantage without a ranged attack.

Check out my youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/buriedonmars
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #118 on: March 21, 2017, 11:40:10 AM »

Now that I finished Zelda BOTW I thought I get back to this.  I started playing as a Warrior and was doing okay at first.  I did the water supply mission, no problem. Now I have to fight this crazy king and the skeletons with fire arrows are slapping me silly on level 3.  I think I may restart with a mage.  I`m at a huge disadvantage without a ranged attack.

If you go mage, you are really in for some pain.  Their armor class is so low that it only takes a few hits to go down.  If you want to go ranged, I would definitely try the rogue since she primarily uses the bow.  The king and skeletons are a quest. I didn't get them on either of my playthroughs.  Good luck!

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #119 on: March 21, 2017, 01:57:17 PM »

I'm just going to go ahead and say it pre-recording, this soundtrack is a work of art.  Talk about something that just creates a mood and frightens the piss out of you, especially at night wearing headphones. Wow!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length