RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:05:36 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | I'm starting to get doubts about GTA San Andreas 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I'm starting to get doubts about GTA San Andreas  (Read 2547 times)
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« on: June 30, 2004, 07:06:55 AM »

Today I read that GTA San Andreas will have certain RPG aspects. An example of this is that you have to eat. You can choose to eat a lot of bad food, but than you'll get fat. That shouldn't be a problem though, since you can also go in the gym and train away those extra pounds.

In general I'm not against gameplay like this. It's a big part of Shenmue, which is one of my favorite games. But in a GTA game? I always liked how easy it was to pick up. If you were bored you could just shoot around town for an hour and not worry about a thing. Ultimate freedom. But with this eating thing you'll be forced to do certain things. Every game day. That can't be good.
shadytool
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 01:27:16 PM »

agreed, but i do wonder what happens if the guy does get fat.  does he just move slower?
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2004, 01:39:11 PM »

Yeah, he moves slower. It can get so bad, that you won't be possible to finish certain missions.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2004, 02:15:48 PM »

Wow.  Is stuff like sleeping necessary too?

If they take this too far, it could be a disaster.  You put it well when you said that what made Vice City so good was how easy it was to just pick up and play.  The fact that it was so UNrealistic is what made it so great.

I'm still buying San Andreas, but this does make me nervous.

thx1138
3DO

Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2004, 02:47:43 PM »

Do you think when you are in the gym, there will be a "Winners Don't Do Drugs" sign?

10 PRINT "THX is still skill"
20 GOTO 10
30 REM 24th Sept 2017 ;-)

RUN
shadytool
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2004, 01:12:51 PM »

:lol:
i hope so!  
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »