RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 08:58:13 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Kixx: a publisher or US Gold budget range like Platinum? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Kixx: a publisher or US Gold budget range like Platinum?  (Read 1509 times)
sharp
DB Contributor
Netherlands

Stats
« on: March 25, 2017, 05:56:07 AM »

I would like to hear opnions of others.

I recently added James Pond 2 for Game Gear Kixx version (E-045-S-00681-A). Kixx as variation title was changed to rerelease

The are two ther ways the reissues are mentioned in the database.

US Gold as pubisher and Kixx as variation (E-031-S-02331-A)
Kixx as publiher and variation (E-040-S-05001-A)

I think it would be good to draw the same line for all releases. personally I think publisher should be US Gold and variation Kixx.

see also https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Gold
FatherJack
On Hiatus
United Kingdom
Awards: 2015 RFGENERATION TOP RUN N' GUNNER

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 06:07:38 AM »

I'm for Kixx as the publisher and a variation as other budget labels as well. I think it's good for the collector as people like on the C64 collect these budget labels like Kixx and The Hit Squad. Putting Kixx as publisher in the search would just bring them up so collectors can see what is out there.

Anyway just my thoughts especially for the 8bit computers. Smiley
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 06:15:58 AM by FatherJack » Logged
ApolloBoy
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 07:04:12 PM »

I'm for Kixx as the publisher and a variation as other budget labels as well. I think it's good for the collector as people like on the C64 collect these budget labels like Kixx and The Hit Squad. Putting Kixx as publisher in the search would just bring them up so collectors can see what is out there.

Anyway just my thoughts especially for the 8bit computers. Smiley
That's how I've always done it.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length