RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:48:47 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | RF Generation Events | RetroWorld Expo 2017 October 14-15 Hartford, CT 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: RetroWorld Expo 2017 October 14-15 Hartford, CT  (Read 43163 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: April 11, 2017, 11:50:57 AM »

I think it's about time to get a thread going regarding Retro World Expo (RWX) this year.  Tickets are now on sale and RF Generation will once again have a big presence there.  Here is a link to the official site for more details: http://retroworldexpo.com/

However, be sure to set up this thread for notifications so that all of us can meet up, get some meals together, and possibly even hang out a little.

How to Get There
The closest airport to the Connecticut Convention Center and RetroWorld Expo is Bradley International Airport.  It's about a 15 minute drive from downtown Hartford.  The closest airport to WildBil52's house, where much of the hanging out will be the week before the show, is Westchester County Airport in White Plains. NY.

Alright, who's going?

GOING:
bickman2k
Duke.Togo
Pam
russlyman
singlebanana
wildbil52
Will
zophar53
Crabmaster2000
Fleabitten
ericeskapade
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 01:30:44 PM by singlebanana » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 11:58:09 AM »

I'm in!

Pam
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 12:22:00 PM »

Will and I will be there!
zophar53
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 12:58:30 PM »

I just picked up my ticket, so count me in.

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 01:28:38 PM »

Oh you know I'll be there Wink  For anyone flying in, Westchester County Airport in White Plains might be a little further from Hartford than Bradley International Airport in CT but the flights to and from Westchester tend to be cheaper.  Any any questions about the area here and I'll do my best to answer

shane
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 06:37:30 PM »

Man, I may need to go for the auction alone. There were some good items last year.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2017, 07:12:37 AM »

Man, I may need to go for the auction alone. There were some good items last year.

The auction is a lot of fun and a good place to score a decent deal on some hard fairly rare items.  A few of our members have actually helped out with the auction in years past.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2017, 08:15:46 AM »

I'll be going as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now your playing with power!
zophar53
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2017, 10:09:55 AM »

So I know it's a bit early yet but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the different options for staying out there (hotel vs Airbnb vs something else) and has some good recommendations. Plane tix are pretty decent at the moment so I was going to pick that up soon.

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2017, 10:15:15 AM »

So I know it's a bit early yet but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the different options for staying out there (hotel vs Airbnb vs something else) and has some good recommendations. Plane tix are pretty decent at the moment so I was going to pick that up soon.

This is our first time in Hartford.  We got group rates at 3 different hotels so people with different budgets would have an option.  The Downtown Marriot is the most expensive option but also attached to the Convention Center.  I personally HIGHLY recommend that hotel if you can swing it, maybe split the room with some friends.  I haven't personally used airbnb in the area since I live here but I will ask around and see if anyone has any recommendations.  Hope to see you in October!

zophar53
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2017, 11:24:43 AM »

Thanks for the tips! I'd like to go with the attached hotel, that would be super convenient. And I'm considering driving, which could save me some cash to make up for the more expensive room, and make it easier to get to meet-ups.

If anyone wants to go in and split a room let me know.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2017, 11:26:22 AM »

FLIGHT BOOKED!!!  I'm in there like swimwear. Cheesy

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2017, 08:18:08 AM »

WOO HOO!  Getting pumped.

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2017, 10:01:11 AM »

Can't believe were about a month out. 

ericeskapade
DB Contributor
Germany

Stats
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2017, 07:31:03 AM »

Will be in USA from 9-25 Octobre with my girlfriend. Count us in for the Expo, and definetely me for the pre-Show-activities Smiley

Our airline (Air Berlin) had to file under chapter 11. But government has pushed in some fresh money into the buisness to keep them flying for some weeks.
Our flight was even relocated from Boston to New York. WTF!
But i guess that is better, than a complete cancelling of the flights.

Last Solution-Maybe i am in there in swimwear, too.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length