RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:29:32 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Please help my wife and I get our wheelchair van fixed via Gofundme 5k goal 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Please help my wife and I get our wheelchair van fixed via Gofundme 5k goal  (Read 3667 times)
tigerhandheld1989
N-Gage
United States

Stats
« on: June 05, 2017, 03:55:23 AM »

Ok guys I have not done a post in a long while, but this place has such a great community I feel like I can lean on you all for support. More than a month ago my wife and I were driving home from a normal weekend out when all the sudden we heard a metal clank noise and the the van was smoking and leaking oil. She pulled over on the side of the highway and waited for my dad to drop off my moms suv so we could get home with my newly acquired Sega CD model 2 and some games. Eventually we got it towed  home and it's been sitting in the driveway ever since. We believe a rod was thrown, but we aren't sure. This van is essential to my independence because I have a disability called Cerebral Palsy which limits the use of my legs, so I am in an electric wheelchair.

Anyway this van is modified so I can take that chair with us when we go out. As of now my wife pushes me around in a manual wheelchair, which is not ideal for either of us. The gofundme was started by a very close family friend of mine, the goal is $5,000 because we are gonna get the whole entire van looked at (new engine things like that). As of writing this we've raised $1,820 so far, I could really use everyone's helping spreading the word or doing a small $5 donation that would really help us out. Our goal is to have this taken care of by August because my wife and I have been taking a trip up to Columbus Ohio for the past few years for an anime convention. Without the van and my electric chair this trip will be alot harder on us. Thank you all for reading and I appreciate any help given.

https://www.gofundme.com/...ir-van-4-the-breitenbachs
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 01:41:37 PM by tigerhandheld1989 » Logged

Tiger Electronics 4ever
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 11:00:35 AM »

Best of luck on the fundraiser.  The link isn't currently working for me, but it may be due work blocakage.  Just wanted to mention it just in case anyone else had an issue.  I'll check it at home tonight.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
tigerhandheld1989
N-Gage
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 01:42:32 PM »

link should work now

Tiger Electronics 4ever
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 04:04:12 PM »

Chipped in, hope things work well and quickly Smiley

Keelah se'lai
tigerhandheld1989
N-Gage
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 07:00:02 PM »

Thank you so much

Tiger Electronics 4ever
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 07:14:46 PM »

Donation sent.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
tigerhandheld1989
N-Gage
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2017, 07:23:11 PM »

thanks so much current amount $2,105. Thank you all!!! $2,895 to go

Tiger Electronics 4ever
tigerhandheld1989
N-Gage
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2017, 02:48:07 PM »