RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:20:38 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Sales Extravaganza | Apologies If This Is In The Wrong Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Apologies If This Is In The Wrong Thread  (Read 2038 times)
Atari6600
Memorex VIS

Stats
« on: June 13, 2017, 01:15:16 PM »

I need help.  In order to save up money for must have Switch and 3DS games I need to sell some mangas, DVDs and some 4th Generation Pokemon card decks.  My apartment complex is all Xbox Purist college nerds or middle aged people.  I can't use Amazon nor Ebay to sell because I can't afford to buy shipping supplies for orders.

Can ANYONE please, please PLEASE recommend a site that allows local communities to sell things online and do meet ups in public places (like a Starbucks) to handle the sales transactions?  I really need to sell this stuff, not just to get the games I'm after but as I'm roommate hunting I NEED to clear up the space in my storage closet on the porch.

Everything MUST go.  If anyone can help please let me know immediately.  I'll be checking back throughout the day.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 02:52:56 PM »

OfferUp tends to do well around me, and it does the community thing like Craigslist. If not, it might suck, but you can trade in some of that stuff to some of the local card or pawn shops for some cash.

Atari6600
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 05:22:31 PM »

Do card shops take full decks from the generation 4 line of Pokemon cards?  I've always been more of a simplistic gen 1/gen 2 Pokemon card kinda guy so I don't mind selling my gen 4 cards, but I don't know if anyone takes them anymore since only Gen 7 is usable in official tournaments.  I'll look at Offer Up definitely though.
cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 05:55:22 PM »

"Letgo" is another local buy & sell app. Like Offerup.
Atari6600
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 02:08:15 PM »

Apps I can't do IF they require a smart phone.  As I don't have one, but if Letgo has the ability to use off the computer, I'll look into it too.
OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 06:38:02 PM »

Facebook has a local sales feature now, too.  Some searching may reveal groups that specialize in garage sales, local buying and selling, deals at local shops, finding nests in Pokemon GO, etc.

it's thinking
Atari6600
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2017, 04:30:27 PM »

Well I'm throwing in the towel on OfferUp and LetGo.  Seems those are Smart Phone Mandatory so I'm gonna have to utilize other methods of sales.  In other news I'm contemplating selling a few classic Game Boy games, I'm not too fond of keeping around (there's only five of them up for grabs at the moment) but since I have to go buy the manilla envelopes with bubble wrap inside them, (I'll bum postage stamps off my girlfriend's family) I would be doing a "Name Your Price" type of deal.

If anyone is interested, let me know here or in a Private Message and I'll post a For Sale thread detailing the five games and head over to CVS for supplies.  Those'll be easy to sell since the envelopes I'd need go for a buck a piece, I can actually afford to sell to non-locals in this case.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length