RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:09:42 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | August 2017 Playthrough - Journey (w/ The Cartridge Club) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: August 2017 Playthrough - Journey (w/ The Cartridge Club)  (Read 13686 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: July 07, 2017, 01:46:46 PM »

PARTICIPANTS:
Grayghost81
singlebanana
Pam
Addicted
Crabmaster2000
zophar53
douglie007
CartridgeBrosP1
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 03:59:54 PM by singlebanana » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 01:51:30 PM »

Looking forward to it!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 01:59:47 PM by Addicted » Logged

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 09:01:14 AM »

Short game, and very affordable.  Would like to see some good participation this month from RF Generation members, since we are playing it with The Cartridge Club.  Be sure to log your thoughts on the game here and also tag them on Twitter for @RFGPlayCast and @CartridgeClubNA.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Pam
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 09:42:14 AM »

I will play this again. I'm hoping to play with people this time, as my first playthrough I was mostly alone.
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 01:01:16 PM »

I just requested it from the local library. I hope to be done with Shining Fore 2 by then.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 01:51:40 PM »

I will play this again. I'm hoping to play with people this time, as my first playthrough I was mostly alone.

I am very unfamiliar with this game Pam.  Are you saying that you can actually play along with people online?

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2017, 03:07:09 PM »

You can, but only randomly. You can't play the game co-op, as it were. You will just encounter another player from time to time. If I remember correctly, you don't even see his/her name until you finish the game. It's a pretty neat feature.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 08:05:17 AM »

I'm in!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
zophar53
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2017, 10:22:22 AM »

Love this game. Sign me up!

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2017, 04:56:04 AM »

I got the game now so I'm in.  I bought it on the ps3 physical, then I seen it was  a free game on the ps4 a while ago... is there any difference?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2017, 07:20:39 AM »

so should we only post updates when we are playing on twitter? or both on the forum and twitter?

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2017, 07:26:23 AM »

so should we only post updates when we are playing on twitter? or both on the forum and twitter?

Good question!  You can post on the forum and Twitter if you want. That might be a nice way to tag the Cartridge Club and the Playcast in your thoughts on the game. However, don't start until August please. Cheesy

I'm a member on their forums, so I will be checking in over there from time to time.

CartridgeBrosP1
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2017, 02:59:23 PM »

After more than a year of telling me I had to give this game another shot my brother has managed to convince me to play it again. I tried it a couple years ago and hated it, I'm hoping that my attitude towards it will change based on my newfound love for exploration style games.

Also PUMPED to play with you guys!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2017, 03:59:22 PM »

After more than a year of telling me I had to give this game another shot my brother has managed to convince me to play it again. I tried it a couple years ago and hated it, I'm hoping that my attitude towards it will change based on my newfound love for exploration style games.

Also PUMPED to play with you guys!

Hey Hey!!! Welcome P1.  Let me know when the thread for the game goes up on your forums. Cheesy

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2017, 09:29:33 AM »

Sat down with the game yesterday... and beat it, I guess its setup for a one shot play and beat type game.  So is this a Trophy hunt game?

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length