RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:16:19 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | World Cup '06 Predictions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: World Cup '06 Predictions  (Read 1771 times)
Galahad
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« on: July 23, 2005, 10:15:01 AM »

OK, so we're not close to knowing every team that's qualified. That doesn't matter though, we all know who's going through. If I can score some tickets I'm headed to Germany next summer to watch the World Cup. The usual teams are looking good, of course: Brazil, Argentina, Holland,  and Germany (who, despite their second-place finish in 2002, displayed no talent aside from Kahn and Ballack - they do have the home advantage though) Myself? I'm rooting for Ireland. Since ol' Mick's gone they'll have both Keanes on the pitch, and the boys in green look sharper than ever with Duff at the top of his game.

Give us your thoughts!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2005, 02:32:31 PM by Galahad » Logged
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 01:19:54 PM »

We will win. Marco van Basten is our coach and we have Arjen Robben. We haven't lost a match in ages and we're 3d in the world ranking now.
Galahad
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005, 02:34:58 PM »

I won't deny that Holland is looking good, but the world rankings are worthless. Proof? The U.S. is ranked #6. The rankings are based on wins/losses, and when you're playing Honduras and the like, well.... While the U.S. has a strong squad, they're still ranked ahead of teams of much higher caliber, such as England, Italy, Germany, etc.
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2005, 03:27:05 PM »

But the ranking isn't based on winning alone. It's also WHO you beat. If you beat Brazil you get more points than if you beat Honduras. I agree it's not the best of lists though. But now that we're high up on it, I like it Tongue.

And you could say those teams have a much higher caliber, but they're all not doing so great at the moment.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length