RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 07:29:49 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Sales Extravaganza | LF: Specific Game Boxes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: LF: Specific Game Boxes  (Read 2776 times)
Atari6600
Memorex VIS

Stats
« on: August 10, 2017, 01:09:58 PM »

So last year I bought Super Monkey Ball 3D and today I just bought Samurai Warriors Chronicles, however both of them came in generic boxes.  I can't put those on my game shelf.  I've already checked eBay and I can't find JUST the boxes.  Does anyone have the boxes for these two 3DS games?

And if so would you be willing to sell them to me?  Let me know here or through a private message.  Thanks in advance.
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 07:12:54 PM »

Good luck on that. I've been down the same road before. It's sometimes more practical to just get it complete, frustratingly. There's also the option of getting $1 games, using the cases and printing out the cover art but most collectors wouldn't rather do that.
Atari6600
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 10:33:12 PM »

It's not that I wouldn't want to do that so much as The Cover Project only has the Samurai Warriors Chronicles cover but not the Super Monkey Ball 3D cover.  Plus I don't have a printer.  Have to rely on other people or Kinkos.
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 01:25:43 PM »

I use a technique I like to call 'uptrading' where I will use the market value of a game that may be slightly damaged or just a good deal for a loose cartridge or disc to get then go and just pay retail for a very nice complete copy.

I first did it with a loose copy of Truxton I found for $5, it had a bit of label damage but I sold it for $25, a bit less than minty looking carts were going for at the time. I turned around and bought a complete copy for $50, retail at the time.

I'm currently doing it with a copy of Xenosaga III I found at Goodwill for $5, this one's mint though, and a duplicate. The plan is to trade up to that beautiful lenticular cover art.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Atari6600
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2017, 01:58:02 PM »

Unfortunately, all I have to sell right now to make money for boxes or replacement copies of games to get my paws on their boxes is a bunch of Game Boy and Game Boy Color games that I really don't play often or just don't want to keep around.  It's a small number but if I went by the exact value they sell for used on Lukie Games I could make the money AND have some leftover.

I just need someone to look at the cartridges (fronts and backs) and tell me their value and how much would be fair trade to sell them for.  Then I need buy packaging supplies and postage stamps lol.  But that might be an interesting thing.  I don't get out much, and it's hard to find these two games where I live, so I'd probably have to resort to Amazon and Ebay to get my paws on the boxes.
the_wizard_666
Sega 32X
Canada

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2017, 07:36:14 PM »

You have a PM sir. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length