RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 21, 2017, 04:20:35 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room | RF Cinema: The monthly community game movie discussion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: RF Cinema: The monthly community game movie discussion  (Read 1271 times)
zophar53
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2017, 03:40:46 PM »

Hey friends, I'm sorry to go off topic but I feel it is my duty to share to those who bought the dvd four-pack that although Brainscan, The Craft, and Fright Night are all great movies, Monster High is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I'm actually kind of mad at myself for watching the whole thing (I just find it hard to "give up" on movies usually,  but I really wish I had in this case). Avoid at all costs.

The only other one in this collection I've seen is The Craft. It was THE emo/goth/witch movie when I was in high school haha. Sometimes they still have it playing at the goth club in my town. I'll have to check the other two out for sure.

It was really cool seeing this playing at the after party, and watching it with the crew. Def helped cement October as a memorable one for the site, and for me.

I was a little disappointed at the ending when I first saw it. But it was a pretty big head trip that took me more by surprise back then than it probably would now. If I were Michael I'd probably react the same way, like "W...T...F?" I mentioned this to Rich at the after party, but I love the final scene with the dog. Matter of fact, I just love that dog all around.

Thanks for making this a successful first month, everyone! Looking forward to the next one. I think I have the next couple of months planned, but keep the suggestions coming.

zophar53 on PSN, XBL, Steam, Twitter, & other random places
zophar53
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2017, 09:38:36 PM »

Hello all! It's time to reveal this month's game movie. I always wanted to get Mortal Kombat on the list, but since so many of us at RWX got to play MKII with John Perrish and Daniel Pesina recently, it felt fitting to get it in next.

I'm sure most of us here remember where we were the first time we saw this in the theater, depending on how old you were at the time. Personally, I was 15 and had been playing the heck out of Mortal Kombat II at my local Aladdin's Castle as often as I possibly could. The first game hadn't really caught my interest, but the second entry was so much more real, dark, and played so much better. The friends I made while playing it were busy compiling move list cheat sheets and selling them, even getting the manager of the place in on it. We turned the movie into an event. We all met up at the arcade a couple hours before to play the game, then carpooled to the nearby theater on opening day. I still remember the lot of us letting out huge cheers when the opening logo came on and that voice shouted "MORTAL KOMBAT!" before jumping into that song we all know and love.

It's been a long time since I got to talk about this movie with fellow MK lovers, so let's relive those moments. Share your stories of watching this. How do you feel after watching it again? If you've never seen it before, a) why the heck not? and b) what do you think watching it fresh now? This should be a fun one. I've posted below the IMDB link and trailer. It shouldn't be too hard to find a physical copy on Amazon or your local used media store. It's also available to stream from Amazon Video, Google Play, iTunes, Vudu, and a few other places between $3-$14, depending on if you want SD or HD, rent or buy.

Mortal Kombat (1995) on IMDB
Trailer: https://youtu.be/JHIfHL5UgFs

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2017, 06:42:55 AM »

Nice pick!  I've actually never seen it...

RFGen Site Director/Editor-in-Chief; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen Retro Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Licensed NES set: complete!, 17 games remaining for SMS, 12 for 7800, and 25 for 5200.
zophar53
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2017, 09:25:12 AM »

Nice pick!  I've actually never seen it...

Oh man. You are in for a treat, my friend Smiley

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: Yesterday at 09:35:10 PM »

I watched Mortal Kombat with my wife this past weekend. I had never seen it before.

I was really taken aback by Christopher Lambert as "Lord Rayden." I was expecting an Asian person, for some strange reason.

Like Brainscan, I felt like I could appreciate it in a sense that I would have loved it if I had seen it at the time it came out.

It's definitely entertaining and fun to watch, but it has some really dated CGI and my wife and I both really started to get annoyed at the way the phrase "FLAWLESS VICTORY" was tossed around with no value attached to it; knowing the rules of the video game and the conditions of an actual flawless victory, very few of the victories in this film were actually flawless.

On the other hand, I loved the soundtrack and the use of voice samples from the game within the mix.

This was another cool choice, Zophar. Looking forward to hearing everyone else's thoughts and seeing what the next flick is!

Join the Community Playthroughs

Follow @grayghostgames on Instagram for fun stuff from my collection posted daily!
FatherJack
DB Editor
United Kingdom
Awards: 2015 RFGENERATION TOP RUN N' GUNNER

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #20 on: Today at 04:22:29 AM »

Nice choice.

If this had been an 80s martial arts film then I would of loved it as a kid and would of wanted to see it ( No Retreat No Surrender or Gymkata anyone), but adult me in the 90s wasn't interested (drink, girls and work) and would of laughed at it if I had watched it. All these years later and I enjoyed it despite it's flaws because it's not to be taken seriously just good old fashioned entertainment. That tune at the start got me hooked.

DRINK! DRINK! DRINK!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length