RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:18:52 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Complete RPG List for the PS2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Complete RPG List for the PS2  (Read 20695 times)
ErbBetaPatched
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2018, 11:02:08 AM »

Notice something while cataloging my games. The Greatest hits versions of Kingdom Hearts 2, and probably 1 and Chain of Memories, which are still sold by SE, don't have the special metallic embossing thing. If you look at an OG copy of these games you'll see what I mean.
lendelin
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2018, 03:17:19 PM »

Notice something while cataloging my games. The Greatest hits versions of Kingdom Hearts 2, and probably 1 and Chain of Memories, which are still sold by SE, don't have the special metallic embossing thing. If you look at an OG copy of these games you'll see what I mean.

Yep, the glossy emblazoned covers of all three Kingdom Hearts games were never replicated for their Greatest Hits versions. I remember that when they were released back in the day. I have only the original releases since I don't collect the GH releases.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 03:22:48 PM by lendelin » Logged
lendelin
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2019, 10:18:19 AM »

Seek and Destroy.*  Takara/Conspiracy Entertainment, Barnhouse Effect, 12/11/02.

I added this game to the RPG-borderline category. The game is part of the penny racer series like 'Choroq' and 'Everywhere Road Trip' which are already in this category. Like the latter games, this hybrid-game emphasizes RPG elements like options for upgrading the tanks (level-up-system) and their customizations, missions and side missions, and additionally humanizes machines which become characters of the game. The tanks can talk to each other and help each other out and there are even slight character developments of the tanks. All of the above make this game a justified contribution to the borderline section.

The  game has been on my shelvers for over 15 years and I never looked at it. In the last couple of days I played it and I have to say that it was surprisingly fun. While the graphics are certainly below the standard PS2-graphics at the time, the gameplay is straightforward, simple, varied and the RPG-elements make it unique like Choroq and Everywhere Road Trip. Certainly worth checking it out and not just a game for the shelves.
lendelin
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2022, 04:30:51 PM »

Ring of Red.* Konami Studios, Konami, 3/12/01.

After all those years (I finished the list already in 2009) I discovered the above game I missed. I added it to the main alphabetical list. It is a tactical-strategy RPG in the tradition of Front Mission, developed and published by Konami, with rather unique elements of the battle system and worthwhile playing.

I never thought that a console would get more RPGs than the PS2. (140 now) The PS4, however, surpassed it some time ago and has now well over 300 RPGs already. Who would have thought?
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length