RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:26:51 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | March 2018 Playthrough - Transformers: Devastation 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: March 2018 Playthrough - Transformers: Devastation  (Read 10539 times)
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« on: February 09, 2018, 06:01:52 PM »

Jump into your Underoos and grab a bowl of your favorite, sugar-bomb cereal as we dive into the best toy commercial cartoon show of our childhood! It's Autobots verses Deceptacons as Optimus Prime and his friends vie to protect the Earth from Megatron in Platinum Games' rock-em sock-em, action filled title, Transformers: Devastation.  

In this game, players control one of five Autobots: Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Wheeljack, or Grimlock. Each Autobot is able to use a variety of melee attacks and ranged weapons, and are able to transform into their vehicle. Similar to Bayonetta, successfully dodging attacks activates Focus, which slows down time around the player, allowing them to counterattack opponents. Each Autobot also has a unique special ability and a powerful Overdrive attack that can be performed with enough energy. Players can also earn credits and gain new weapons by defeating enemies, destroying certain objects, and clearing puzzles hidden across each chapter. Credits can be used to purchase new items, moves, and weapons, forge T.E.C.H. to grant passive stat boosts, synthesize weapons to make them stronger, or increase the stats of each Autobot.

Patricipants
grayghost81
singlebanana
metalfro
BuriedOnMars
douglie007
Pam

Checkpoints
Week 1 - 3/10 - Chapter 1 and 2
Week 2 - 3/17 - Chapter 3 and 4
Week 3 - 3/24 - Chapter 5 and 6
Week 4 - 3/31 - Chapter 7 and optional challenge maps
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 06:00:12 AM by GrayGhost81 » Logged

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 11:25:58 AM »

Subtlety

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 09:30:23 AM »

Devastation!  Zagnorch just hooked me up with a PS4 copy of this game.  I know it's on the PS3 and 360, but I really wanted to wait and play it on the current gen consoles.  I might have to break down and spring for a PS4 when I get my next paycheck Grin

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 11:19:55 AM »

Devastation!  Zagnorch just hooked me up with a PS4 copy of this game.  I know it's on the PS3 and 360, but I really wanted to wait and play it on the current gen consoles.  I might have to break down and spring for a PS4 when I get my next paycheck Grin

Yes it is Devastation!  I have it on 360 and thinking about trying to grab a PS4 copy myself.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
BuriedOnMars
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 09:26:01 AM »

Have it on the PC and Xbone.  Never finished it.  Will play. 

Check out my youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/buriedonmars
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 09:36:06 AM »

Have it on the PC and Xbone.  Never finished it.  Will play. 

Sweet!

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2018, 09:29:38 AM »

Anyone diving into this title this weekend?

I finished it last week, and although I enjoyed it perfectly well, it is admittedly a stark contrast as far as mental engagement from Vandal Hearts. That's what is great about the playthroughs though. Sometimes we go hard in the paint with a deep, heavy-thinking title, and sometimes we tee off on a hack-and-slash button masher.

Devastation is a button-masher for sure, but there's plenty to enjoy here. The nostalgia element alone is a very strong point.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2018, 03:28:18 AM »

I'm in. I need to download it

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2018, 08:29:55 AM »

I'm in. I need to download it

I have a new 360 copy that I could sell you. I grabbed the PS4 version. 😉

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2018, 09:37:10 AM »

I checked, I got it from psn as a monthly plus game a while ago

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2018, 12:26:39 AM »

Just finished Chapter 2, and got a C rank on both 1 & 2. I always forget how brutal Platinum developed titles are until I play one, and then I’m quickly reminded (and humbled!). I’m digging the authenticity of this so far. It’s definitely hitting the nostalgia button for me, as an original Transformers G1 fan. As with a lot of other Platinum action games, it has combat that’s probably deeper than what I’m exploring so far, but works reasonably well as a button masher also. It’s weird using what is effectively “Witch Time” in this game, but it doesn’t feel as natural, or as refined, as that of Bayonetta 1 or 2. That said, it has the license going for it, and that helps carry it somewhat.

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2018, 10:34:15 AM »

Was playing again last night, and can I just say...Blitzwing is a freaking jerkface!  Holy cow, is that a hard enemy.  I had a little trouble with Megatron in the initial fight, and again with Starscream, but man, Blitzwing is giving me real problems.  I'm hoping to get over that hump this evening, but yowza, he sure is difficult.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2018, 11:57:46 AM »

What difficulty are you playing on?

To the surprise of nobody, I played on the easiest difficulty.

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2018, 01:52:47 PM »

The G1 fanboy in me, was so happy that they had Wheeljack, in this game.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Pam
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2018, 02:22:58 PM »

I picked this one up a couple weeks ago. I'm excited to learn it's only 5-6 hours long.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length