RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:25:23 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | SNES Classic Edition sound lag? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: SNES Classic Edition sound lag?  (Read 1255 times)
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« on: February 26, 2018, 02:49:52 PM »

So I've had a chance to plug one into my television and play.  I had a blast watching my 12 year-old son learn to play the original Mario Kart.  I showed him a couple of tricks and didn't notice anything strange, until I tried Super Castlevania IV.  There was a very small amount of controller lag (which did nothing to affect my platform timing), but what was really bad was sound lag.  I haven't sat down and timed it (I had to get to bed and I am currently at work), but I want to say it was more than half a second between hitting the Y button and hearing the whipping sound.  I played Starfox as well and noticed it.

Maybe I didn't hear it right (I was tired), but maybe I did.  I only know one person who has one, and she said she never noticed anything like that (though she sometimes hears choppy sound).  It probably isn't the LCD (it doesn't happen with with my son's Switch), but when I get home later tonight I plan on attaching it to several LCD monitors (including a gamer LCD with a 2MS response time).  In the meantime, has anyone else who owns an SNES Classic had anything similar? 

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 03:12:39 PM »

I don't own one but you can try this as odd as it sounds. At least it won't take long to test:

https://www.reddit.com/r/...ne_else_have_audio_delay/

Turn your TV off and on again with the unit powered on. You may have to do this every time.

permalinkembedsavereportreply

[–]trbling 1 point 4 months ago*

thanks ill try this later tonight edit: this worked perfectly and fixed it. thanks!

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 06:01:04 PM »

Turned it on and it was fine.  I'm wondering if this happens when I switch out the games too often, or when I set the system to demo mode (which I set and watched for about ten or fifteen minutes).

Thanks for the tip (and the directions to the Reddit thread).

- Han Solo
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 07:30:49 AM »

You know, these little things are so goofy and quirky.  And buggy, for a Nintendo product.  I can't decide whether or not they are all that better than a Raspberry Pi Zero with WiFi stuffed in a NES cart.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 01:42:20 PM by bombatomba » Logged

- Han Solo
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length