RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:01:33 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | April 2018 Playthrough - Conker's Bad Fur Day 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: April 2018 Playthrough - Conker's Bad Fur Day  (Read 17237 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: March 06, 2018, 02:57:15 PM »

Who's feeling squirrely??  It's been quite a while since we have played an N64 title, so we are really happy to dive into this one.  Available on N64, Xbox (as Conker Live & Reloaded), and on Xbox One as a part of the Rare Replay compilation.

PARTICIPANTS:
singlebanana (host)
GrayGhost81
boshamp
Wempster
douglie007
Link41
OatBob
MetalFRO??
shaggy??
Effinae

Since this game has a sort of on the fly saving mechanic, the checkpoints will reflect more of the same. I don't think there's too much to really spoil in this game (as in most platformers), so feel free to discuss freely. Checkpoints are more for gauging your progress in the game.

CHECKPOINTS:
Week 1: (April 1st - 8th) - THIS GAME IS A BUNCH OF BULLS@$TS - Escape the Dung Beetles' Lair
Week 2: (April 9th -16th) - GOLDEN SHOWERS SAVE YOUR FLOWER - Enter the Rock Solid Club & Meet The Boss
Week 3: (April 17th - 24th) - YIPPEE KI YAY PLUSHY F&#KERS - Take Down the Evil Teddy Bear Lab
Week 4: (April 25th - 30th) - GAME OVER MANNNNN, GAME OVER! - Finish the Game....NO S#$T SHERLOCK!

« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 02:37:56 PM by singlebanana » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 03:16:52 PM »

It's that time again isn't it? It's time to play Syberia 2.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 03:36:38 PM »

It's that time again isn't it? It's time to play Syberia 2.

YES!!!

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 04:26:47 PM »

It must be Conker’s bad fur day.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 07:15:10 AM »

The Nut Job. laugh

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 07:16:02 AM »

It must be Conker’s bad fur day.
If it is I'm in.  I bought the game a couple of months ago from a game store going out of business.
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018, 10:32:43 AM »

Oh man, if it's Conker's Bad Fur Day, I just might have to track down a copy.  I've been curious about that game for a long time.  Maybe the Xbox version...

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018, 12:27:35 PM »

Getting "Rare Replay" on the XBOne would be so much cheaper than getting an actual N64 copy. Last I checked, CBFD was still around $65 loose while RR was less than $10. Plus, you get everything else on the compilation disc. I would definitely make time for my first playthrough of CBFD with you all if it is April's game to play.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2018, 12:55:54 PM »

Game announcement (along with other exciting news) coming up on the front page tomorrow. Be sure to check it out!

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2018, 12:59:01 PM »

Looks like you guys were on to us!  Check in and let us know who's playing with us.

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2018, 03:14:18 PM »

Getting "Rare Replay" on the XBOne would be so much cheaper than getting an actual N64 copy. Last I checked, CBFD was still around $65 loose while RR was less than $10. Plus, you get everything else on the compilation disc. I would definitely make time for my first playthrough of CBFD with you all if it is April's game to play.

I just bought a PS4, so also getting the Xbone isn't in the cards for the moment.  Looks like it's a bit pricey on eBay, either for the N64 original, or Live and Reloaded on Xbox.  I'd like to join, but I'll need to marinate on this a bit, and see if I want to spend the money...

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2018, 07:35:03 PM »

I'm in for this one.

I had always thought Live and Reloaded was a sequel, not a remake. After looking into it and learning not only that it was a remake, but also that the remake was censored beyond the N64 version, I have questions as to how censored the Rare Replay version is compared to the other two. I had always thought it was pretty much a direct port of the N64 original, but now I am not so sure what to expect.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2018, 07:49:07 PM »

I'll be in too, I will play my n64 version.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2018, 12:10:24 AM »

I will also finally join in for my first community play on rfg. I'll be giving the N64 version some loving.

OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2018, 12:46:41 PM »

Live and Reloaded is censored with bleeps instead of blanks.  I think it adds significantly to the comedic dialogue.  Otherwise the graphical update is all that would be noticed.  I think it is the superior version, but as a collector it's hard to beat the original of anything.

The other feature of LIVE and Reloaded is the online play.  It's a 3rd person shooter with a capture-the-flag mechanic.  You can play it offline with bots, but there really isn't anything to be accomplished... especially since the online component has expired.

td;dr

N64 good. Xbox good.  This guy might be playing the PS4 version.

it's thinking
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length