RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:44:52 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | April 2018 Playthrough - Conker's Bad Fur Day 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: April 2018 Playthrough - Conker's Bad Fur Day  (Read 17245 times)
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2018, 02:12:32 AM »

Just played through the Matrix reference and thought to myself that there was no way this game came out after that movie...but it did, and now I feel old. Ha ha

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2018, 07:10:35 AM »

Just played through the Matrix reference and thought to myself that there was no way this game came out after that movie...but it did, and now I feel old. Ha ha

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about the Saving Private Ryan stuff. And dude, you are at the end if you are that far.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2018, 07:12:26 AM »

I'm stuck in the vampire castle

Are you on the bat quest or the key quest?

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2018, 05:05:32 PM »

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about the Saving Private Ryan stuff. And dude, you are at the end if you are that far.

Yeah, I finally decided to take one night away from playing Gears of War 4 with my little brother to start it up since I had been putting it off for so long and I ended up getting pretty far in the four and a half hours I have put into it so far. This was MUCH shorter than I thought it would be.

I also ended up watching the making of videos about Conker on Rare Replay and really love the story behind the game, even though I learned they ended up scraping a lot of extra worlds and stuff to finish the game on schedule.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2018, 09:21:38 AM »

I'm on the key quest, the zombies make it quite difficult. The aiming with the Xbone remote, even with the site, is not an easy task

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2018, 09:43:10 AM »

I'm on the key quest, the zombies make it quite difficult. The aiming with the Xbone remote, even with the site, is not an easy task

Yeah, I had a rough go there too. Easiest way is to take your time and take out all of the zombies one at a time. Good news, they are always in the same place and reset if you run far enough from them. Also, they do not respawn.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2018, 12:24:24 PM »

I just don't get it with this game. Conker came out after Banjo 1-2 and yet the experience in almost every way is borderline horrible by comparison. (I feel every N64 adventure is poor compared to SM64, which should be the opposite circumstance, but that is another discussion for another forum topic. Ha ha). I know they rushed at the end of its production, but the small things that probably would have been tuned with some more testing add up and create significant frustration. When I started the game, I fell three or four times getting used to the lag on the jumping when obtaining the frying pan and the inverted X-axis mentioned above also took some getting used to. I never played Conker on the N64, but the controls have not been helped by having a second joystick like it did for Jet Force Gemini on the Rare Replay compilation. The humor is definitely up my alley though, and while I understand the "Adults-only" rating, I don't feel it is THAT bad. A few cuss words and some adult humor are really all we are looking at since graphically the visual situations leave a lot to your own understanding and imagination.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length