RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:28:10 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | WIP: Xbox One backwards compatible games collecting guide 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: WIP: Xbox One backwards compatible games collecting guide  (Read 5527 times)
noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« on: March 23, 2018, 03:06:04 PM »

Hello. A while back I had started a bit of a checklist of sorts for original Xbox and Xbox 360 physical releases that had been made backwards compatible on Xbox One. Over time I felt that this would be nicer as more than just a list of titles, so I've started working on compiling a sort of guide to collecting these backwards compatible releases.

So here: https://xboxbc.weebly.com/

Now, please remember that this is the early stage of a total work in progress. So really I'm just trying to give you guys an idea of what it will become. I'm not even sure that the barebones list is 100% complete yet, but I'll continue to tweak and flesh things out as I find time to do so.

In the games list you'll find that there are actual entries for Catherine and Ducktales Remastered so far to give you an idea of what I'm going for.

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 04:43:23 PM »

Nice!  I don't own the Xbone yet, but if/when I do, it will be nice to have a handy list to refer to.

Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 10:24:51 AM »

Cool list!  

Something that you might want to note at some point is the One seems to be region free on the BC titles.  Digital titles that were region IP locked on 360 can be downloaded on the xbone as long as you have an account with the right region.  

I found this out with the CE for Bullet Soul Infinite Burst which came with a code to download the digital version of Bullet Soul.  I was able to redeem the code with a HK account but could not download it to my 360 because it was region locked.  I was able to login to my HK account on my xbone and download it with no issues once it became BC.

Now, what I would really like to know is if a physical game that was not region free (like Ketsui) would work in the xbone if it came to BC.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 10:27:03 AM by Bear78 » Logged

noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 10:49:09 AM »

from everything I've been able to research, all 360 backwards compatible games are region free on the Xbox One regardless of if they were region free on 360. So yeah if something like Ketsui that was not region free on 360 became region free, then the physical disc should work on any region console.

Though, I haven't confirmed such personally.

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2018, 02:59:46 PM »

from everything I've been able to research, all 360 backwards compatible games are region free on the Xbox One regardless of if they were region free on 360. So yeah if something like Ketsui that was not region free on 360 became region free, then the physical disc should work on any region console.

That would be fantastic, especially for the 360 shmups that never left Japan and are region locked, ASSUMING they get added to the list.

Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2018, 03:47:18 PM »

That would be fantastic, especially for the 360 shmups that never left Japan and are region locked, ASSUMING they get added to the list.

Agreed, that would be great! 

noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2018, 10:36:23 AM »

hey dudes, I have a few games I could use some help confirming on...

I know that Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition is BC, but I want to confirm what happens when you put the physical disc of Ultra Street Fighter IV into the Xbox One. I'm almost certain that the Ultra disc is just treated as SSF4:AE with additional DLC. But I'd really like to confirm.

Also, Halo 3 and Halo 3: ODST are both BC. That said, my copy of ODST is missing the 2nd disc which is the Halo 3: Multiplayer disc. Can anyone confirm for me if that physical disc is playable on Xbox One? (Is the MP server still up for Halo 3 anyway?)

Also also, I'm 99% sure that the physical MGS HD Collection will boot up Peacewalker HD if disc 2 is inserted. Can anyone confirm for me?

noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2018, 09:44:48 AM »

^still need help on these Sad

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2018, 06:20:56 PM »

I don't have any of these to help. Sorry.

Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2018, 08:05:26 PM »

Halo 3: ODST disc 2 does download and boot up. Unfortunately I do not have a Xbox live gold membership so I can't tell you if the servers are still up. I assume they may be.

Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection disc 1 does not boot up (Containing MGS: 2 and 3) but disc 2 does install and boot up for MGS: Peace Walker.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 08:08:35 PM by Razor Knuckles » Logged
noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2018, 08:06:17 AM »

Thank you, very helpful. Smiley

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length