RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:17:58 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Combat Stress 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Combat Stress  (Read 2103 times)
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« on: July 01, 2004, 10:02:22 PM »

It's good to know that Georgie's military officials are really supporting the soldiers unfortunate enough to have to serve his shitty war:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/H...aumatic.stress/index.html

On his second day in Iraq, Staff Sgt. Georg-Andreas Pogany saw an Iraqi body that had suffered severe trauma, and he suffered what he thought was a nervous breakdown.

"I wasn't functioning. I was having physical symptoms. I was having a behavioral reaction," he recalled.

After struggling through the night, he said he decided to tell his superior officer out of fear that "if we do go out on a patrol and I do freeze up, that could have consequences too."

But instead of being given help, he was told to reconsider for the sake of his career, he said.

"The message was: 'Hey, you're a coward. You're acting like a coward.' "

A translator attached to the 10th Special Forces Group, the 32-year-old Pogany was sent back to the United States, where he was charged with cowardice. That charge eventually was dropped, but his record is still uncertain.

"My career is probably at an end. I've had my security clearance revoked. I'm still struggling to get things set straight," Pogany said.

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2004, 10:33:01 PM »

Any soldier that gets traumatized from seeing a dead body is a lousy soldier.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2004, 10:47:07 PM »

And any commander who doesn't get his men what they need is a lousy commander.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length