RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 21, 2018, 04:05:27 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero) | May 2018 Playthrough - Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: May 2018 Playthrough - Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure  (Read 240 times)
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« on: April 06, 2018, 08:13:39 PM »

Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure is a musical comedy RPG developed by Nippon Ichi and first published by Atlus on the PS1 in 2000 in North America. Eight years later a modified version of the game was released on the Nintendo DS.

Rhapsody is one of my favorite games of all time and I am honored to have it agreed upon for the game which will be featured in our 50th episode of the PlayCast!

Rhapsody is a relaxing, cute, laugh-out-loud little adventure with actual musical numbers. That's right, Rhapsody is a musical! The characters in this heartwarming adventure will frequently break out in song, complete with beautiful singing.

Our main character Cornet plays the trumpet and has the ability to talk to puppets, who will join her as party members with individual skills. In a reversal of the "damsel in distress" cliche, Cornet must save the prince of the Kingdom of Marl!

Version differences:

-Strategy RPG battle style
-Adjustable difficulty
-English or Japanese voices (singing)
-No mini-map

-Turn-based battle style
-EXTREMELY useful mini-map
-Japanese voices (singing) only
-Game-breaking bugs*

*Your mileage may vary as far these bugs/crashes go. I have read of players who had no problems whatsoever, but I myself hit a crash about two hours into the game which I cannot progress past, and for that I will be playing the PS1 version and have to recommend you do the same.

Checkpoints:
Chapter 1
Chapter 2-3
Chapter 4-5
Chapter 6 & Epilogue

Participants:
grayghost81
singlebanana
pam
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 01:23:06 PM by GrayGhost81 » Logged

Join the Community Playthroughs

Follow @grayghostgames on Instagram for fun stuff from my collection posted daily!
Pam
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 12:56:02 PM »

Well that's a nice coincidence. I just picked this game up last month and was considering making it the first review of an RPG on my channel (since I heard it's not too long). I guess I'll play it this month Smiley
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 01:22:47 PM »

Well that's a nice coincidence. I just picked this game up last month and was considering making it the first review of an RPG on my channel (since I heard it's not too long). I guess I'll play it this month Smiley

AWESOME! Indeed it is only about ten hours long. I can't wait to hear what you think!

Join the Community Playthroughs

Follow @grayghostgames on Instagram for fun stuff from my collection posted daily!
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 02:32:09 PM »

Can't say no to the RPGs.  I'm in!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length