RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:12:57 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Celebrating Cinco de Mayo 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Poll
Question: Where should I dine to celebrate Cinco de Mayo?
Taco Bell   -2 (50%)
Del Taco   -0 (0%)
El Pollo Loco   -2 (50%)
Total Voters: 4

Author Topic: Celebrating Cinco de Mayo  (Read 5677 times)
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« on: May 05, 2018, 03:14:25 PM »

Discuss amongst yourselves...
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 04:55:11 PM »

Taco Bell of course. You should only treat yourself to the finest most authentic Mexican food for this special occasion. Wash it all down with a Dos Equis.
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2018, 05:21:08 PM »

No BYOB = no go
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2018, 05:47:56 PM »

Taco Bell of course. You should only treat yourself to the finest most authentic Mexican food for this special occasion. Wash it all down with a Dos Equis.

Noop. It's gotta be horchata or tamarindo.

No BYOB = no go

I'm taking it to-go, so that's not a problem for me.
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2018, 02:50:59 PM »

How is everyone not voting for El Pollo Loco?

RobotWillie
Don't You Know Blackmail is Way Uncool
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2018, 04:29:56 PM »

You know its not the Mexican independence? Its just the day they won the war against France the first time. But France a still occupied them later on. And Mexico doesn't celebrate it as much since it isn't even the real Independence Day. I personally always forget this "holiday" even exist until its mentioned as coming up by someone, and that is what this topic has done.

Same for Columbus Day, I agree with the whole he didn't discover America movement. I don't think it should have been a holiday to begin with.

We have a chain here in the Northwest that beats Taco Bell imo, Taco Time is better. Its a bit more expensive but its worth it. Also I like a place called Atilanos. As far as fast goes. Of course there are a good many restaurants, which I was at one 2 weeks ago called Rancho Chico that I consider a favorite.

Its doesn't help its sake that I don't drink, I think thats the only reason people "celebrate" it. Another excuse to drink. Like St. Patrick's Day. But I always remember when that is. Its one of my cousins bdays anyway too.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 05:25:15 PM by RobotWillie » Logged

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2018, 08:04:23 AM »

Its doesn't help its sake that I don't drink, I think thats the only reason people "celebrate" it. Another excuse to drink. Like St. Patrick's Day. But I always remember when that is. Its one of my cousins bdays anyway too.

Right there with you. I never developed a taste for alcohol, so I don't drink at all. And yeah, I've heard that, about Mexican immigrants and descendants not celebrating Cinco de Mayo so much, and it just being an excuse to get drunk.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2018, 09:12:37 AM »

Right there with you. I never developed a taste for alcohol, so I don't drink at all. And yeah, I've heard that, about Mexican immigrants and descendants not celebrating Cinco de Mayo so much, and it just being an excuse to get drunk.

I've heard that too.  The taqueria by my house didn't even put up a sign (the best you get to drink are Jarritos).  I think it is more of a gringo thing way up in Metro D Wink.

Since I don't drink (same as FRO; I pretty much spend my life trying to avoid things that taste bad) I made and powered down six tacos, which is a lot when you are dieting.  Felt bad because I didn't have any lettuce or tomatoes on hand, so I put on extra cilantro and Cholula.  I feel worse this morning.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2018, 02:26:37 PM »

Oh man, 6 tacos full of Cholula are going to wreak havoc on your insides Tongue

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2018, 06:36:16 PM »

Quote from: RobotWillie

We have a chain here in the Northwest that beats Taco Bell imo, Taco Time is better. Its a bit more expensive but its worth it.

I don't know if I agree with you there. Taco Time has better food, yes but it ends there. Every Taco Time I've been to in the last 15 years is the worst fast food restaurant I've been to. Not that I go often but the last time I went, all of the two employees were outside smoking and had to come in to take our order and make our food. The one before that was super dirty and they only barely let us have the key to use the bathroom, which you had to go outside to use. Most of the time the stores are fairly dirty actually....They are also more expensive than Taco Bell by a good amount. I drive by them often enough and they always look empty, I don't know how they stay in business. The food is good though, which is weird, everything else isn't. I wish they were better places to go, I wouldn't mind eating there if it wasn't for all that.

I had pizza at a place I've never been to for lunch on the 5th of May, for dinner we were at a benefit, um, dinner. They had yummy salmon and potatoes and mushrooms and salad and....I ate a lot of food that day.

I vote for Taco Bell.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2018, 08:17:33 AM »

Clearly, the answer is (D) Enjoying frozen taquitos with some margaritas before an indoor football game. DUH!

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2018, 08:47:09 AM »

LOL, why are you staring at the sky?

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2018, 09:44:07 AM »

LOL, why are you staring at the sky?

I'm Shining and sending good Cinco de Mayo vibes to all of course.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length