RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:41:39 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Episode #49 - RF Generation Playcast (Conker's Bad Fur Day) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Episode #49 - RF Generation Playcast (Conker's Bad Fur Day)  (Read 9218 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: May 16, 2018, 11:43:29 AM »

COMING 5/18/18!

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 12:21:36 PM »

Very curious to listen to this. I wasn't able to score a copy for the play through, and I just saw one in the store yesterday for $60  Shocked

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 12:24:30 PM »

Very curious to listen to this. I wasn't able to score a copy for the play through, and I just saw one in the store yesterday for $60  Shocked

One local to me is $85... Before you pull the trigger, be sure to listen to our podcast, since we discuss the different versions and recommend one over the others.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 12:27:25 PM »

One local to me is $85... Before you pull the trigger, be sure to listen to our podcast, since we discuss the different versions and recommend one over the others.

Good call.  And I should have specified that the $60 one was Live & Reloaded. I haven't seen an original N64 copy anywhere for less than $70 in decent shape.

Pam
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2018, 09:55:19 AM »

I really enjoyed that episode, particularly your discussion of the humour in the game.

Shawn you are not alone in your observation about the breathy voices. I found a lot of the voices made me uncomfortable. They sounded like skeevy older men who were about to invite me into their vans for candy.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2018, 04:04:44 PM »

I really enjoyed that episode, particularly your discussion of the humour in the game.

Shawn you are not alone in your observation about the breathy voices. I found a lot of the voices made me uncomfortable. They sounded like skeevy older men who were about to invite me into their vans for candy.

Thanks for the listen and the feedback Pam! Glad that you enjoyed it.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2018, 10:32:41 AM »

Thanks for the kind words, Pam! I'm so happy to hear I wasn't alone in being creeped out by the voice acting.

For anyone interested, here is the youtube vid that kind of "broke" the Billy Mitchell situation, or at least it was the most comprehensive take I viewed at the time the situation was being exposed. The youtuber is Apollo Legend, not Apollo Prime as I mistakenly named him in the show.

One minor update we didn't really discuss is that Billy announced about three weeks ago that he has proof that his records are legit, and that it will just take time to gather all the evidence. As of this post, the world is still waiting with not so baited breath.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2018, 02:53:49 PM »

The N64 version does have multiplayer and I recall playing it when the game first released but I don't recall uch of it.  I think it was capture the flag and I remember you could play as the teddy bears.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2018, 02:30:45 PM »

The N64 version does have multiplayer and I recall playing it when the game first released but I don't recall uch of it.  I think it was capture the flag and I remember you could play as the teddy bears.

Cool!  Thanks for the info.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2018, 08:16:05 PM »

Detachable Penis? Really?

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2018, 11:03:05 PM »

Detachable Penis? Really?

Yes. Really.

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2018, 10:54:46 AM »

Catching up on my podcast backlog, and really enjoyed the episode, guys! The shmup club promo sounded great (*shameless plug*), so thanks for putting that in. Also, while I haven't yet seen A Clockwork Orange (waits for tomatoes to be thrown at him), as soon as "milk bar" was mentioned, my mind immediately went to the music video for "Lakini's Juice" by Live, and that song was playing in my head for a while after that  laugh

polykill_trav
Tiger Gizmondo

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2019, 07:30:38 AM »

Reviving an oldie but a goodie.

I did almost the same thing as Rich. I listened to the Casefile's podcast on the E.A.R. a week before they caught him. I'm a huge true crime buff, loved hearing that bit! Great ep.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 07:53:39 AM by polykill_trav » Logged

/s
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2019, 07:34:35 AM »

Reviving an oldie but a goodie.

I did almost the same thing as Rich. I listened to the Casefile's podcast on the E.A.R. a week before they caught him. I'm a huge true crime buff, loved hearing that bit! Great ep.

Thanks for the listen man!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length