RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:15:09 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Not sure how best to submit game cover variation that has multiple versions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Not sure how best to submit game cover variation that has multiple versions  (Read 2555 times)
hockeycollector
N-Gage
United States

WWW Stats
« on: May 24, 2018, 04:09:20 PM »

Hello, I'm the obsessive hockey game collector around here.

Anyway, I got my hands on an interesting variant for NHL 14 for PS3. It is the "SM-Liiga" Edition released in Finland. EA released a slipcover version for each of the 14 teams in Finland's hockey league. My particular cover is for the Lahti Pelicans team.

Apparently they did this for the Xbox 360 as well.

So, since none of these are cataloged on here, and I'm not yet sure if they have different UPCs (I'd suspect they all do), I'm wondering how I should submit mine. NHL 14 [SM-Liiga Edition] or NHL 14 [SM Liiga Edition - Lahti Pelicans]?

TBH, these are so dang difficult to find, I've only ever seen a couple of photos of these actually in-hand or selling on Finland auction/craigslist style sites.

Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 04:57:29 PM »

IMO I would say they would be individual entries so "NHL 14 [SM Liiga Edition - Lahti Pelicans Slip]" would be correct.  Even if they don't have different UPCs, they probably have different part numbers.

Of course, this is just my opinion.

Also, as a hockey fan myself, this is really cool that they did this  Smiley

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 05:46:19 PM »

That'd be 14 variations for each console. If they were something randomly inserted into the box, it would be extra media for one release.
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 05:51:14 PM »

Yeah. All elegible variants!
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 03:16:05 AM »

Agreed, we treat alternate cover arts as separate variations 'round these parts.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length