RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:34:37 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | December 2018 RF Generation Open Golf Tournament!!! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: December 2018 RF Generation Open Golf Tournament!!!  (Read 48507 times)
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2018, 02:51:47 AM »

Thanks!

Spent a couple weeks of practicing a month ago but need to get back to it

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2018, 03:39:09 PM »

Nice looking group so far!  Don't forget that groups will be formed in November, so be sure to sign up as soon as possible.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2018, 04:39:32 PM »

Thanks!

Spent a couple weeks of practicing a month ago but need to get back to it
Sometimes it's good to get back in the swing of things.  Don't want your skills to putter off.

zophar53
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2018, 01:58:09 PM »

If anyone hasn't picked up Neo Turf Masters yet, it's on sale on GOG right now. $2.99, so 50% off.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2018, 04:55:04 PM »

Alright, we are nearing mid-November and it's almost time to draw our teams for the golf tournament in December.  Right now, we have 10 participants signed up and I'd like to get at least two more to have four teams of 3 players.  If you have not signed up yet and want to participate, let me know.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2018, 04:41:57 PM »

Rules have been added to the initial post. Please look over them and make any suggestions if you feel that are necessary or need clarification. Thank you!

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2018, 06:53:07 PM »

No cheating, where's the fun in that 😁

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2018, 02:44:32 PM »

Are team scores averaged? We are allowed to replay the course over the whole 10 days or just once?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2018, 03:16:38 PM »

Are team scores averaged? We are allowed to replay the course over the whole 10 days or just once?

Great questions. Team scores will not be averaged. I will take the lowest course score from each participant and add them all together. For instance if a team of three has the following scores on a course: -3, -6, and + 7, their team course score would be -2. I will then take the scores from all three courses at the end of the month and do them the same way.

During the 10 days that you play each course, you can play that course as many times as you want and continue to submit your lowest score until the 10 days are up.

I hope this answers your questions and please let me know if I need to clarify, or answer anything else. Thanks

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2018, 12:25:31 AM »

You answered everything clearly. Thanks!

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2018, 04:11:28 PM »

Just a REMINDER, the official cut off for signing up for the golf tournament is NOVEMBER 23RD.

While I'm at it, here are a few updates:

1. Prizes - Yep, I'm at it again and just picked up an item today in hopes of fabricating some prizes.  This year, each member of the winning team will get a prize to display in their game room/gaming area, and I will also give out a special prize to the participant with the overall lowest score for the month.

2. Team Selection - As a means of keeping it interesting (in terms of s#$t talking), Shawn and I have decided to captain opposing teams, and we have invited bickman2k to captain a third, since he was the Punch-out champion from last year.  This means that after the 23rd, I will draw names (videoed of course) and place each participant on a team.  So far we have 10 people signed up, so if these numbers hold, there will be two teams of 3 and one team of 4.  In this instance, what will happen is that the third place score from the team of four will be dropped at the end of the month. Here's an example:

Let's say that myself, Fokakis, FRO, and Crabby are on the 4 person team.  Crabby's overall score is a -14, Fokakis is -10, FRO is -9, and I (banana) am at -6.  FRO's score would be dropped for an overall team score of -30.  Don't worry, if you are on the four person team and your team wins, you will still receive the team prize. Smiley

If other people join before the 23rd, then we will adjust accordingly, but I would like for teams to be comprised of at least 3-4 members.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.  I'm kind of winging it here, but I want to make sure that the competition is as fair as possible and would appreciate any input you guys may have to make this event as fun as possible. I will be posting this information in the initial post as well. 

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2018, 05:27:57 PM »

Let's say that myself, Fokakis, FRO, and Crabby are on the 4 person team.  Crabby's overall score is a -14, Fokakis is -10, FRO is -9, and I (banana) am at -6.  FRO's score would be dropped for an overall team score of -30.  Don't worry, if you are on the four person team and your team wins, you will still receive the team prize. Smiley

This scenario is not outside the realm of possibility. In fact, it's a really real possibility  laugh

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2018, 05:33:57 PM »

Sorry bud, at least I put myself last

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2018, 06:31:16 PM »

You have high hopes for my golf skills. Other than Turf Masters it's been a decade since I played the other two... Wink

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2018, 08:23:10 AM »

You have high hopes for my golf skills. Other than Turf Masters it's been a decade since I played the other two... Wink

I think that all of us will be saying the same thing. Should be a lot of fun this year, especially with teams involved.  I think we should come up with team names as well. Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length