RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:05:49 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Shmup Club Game Selections, Cost, and Podcast 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Shmup Club Game Selections, Cost, and Podcast  (Read 48317 times)
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2018, 04:04:52 PM »

Figured I would post this here as someone might find it useful.

The amazing Battle Garegga got a physical release in Korea and while you don't really need to be able to read Korean to understand how to play the game, there are a fair amount of settings / menus in Korean.  Fortunately, M2 provided an English manual on their website...  (http://m2stg.com/en/battle-garegga/ps4/manual/) but it's not really printer friendly... Until now!

I took the online manual and created a printable, English manual for Battle Graegga.  This should fit just fine in a PS4 case also.  When you print it, make sure to select double sided printing and to flip on the short side.  This should print out fine on standard letter sized paper.

This is my first time trying to do a manual so hopefully it turned out ok.

Download (PDF):  https://app.box.com/s/m6izzp7no0eq1om6due72cayjlrs1031

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 05:55:22 PM by Bear78 » Logged

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2018, 05:37:57 PM »

Thank you so much for the awesome work, Bear78!  I just printed this off, and aside from the text being a bit small, it looks great! I'll have to cut the pages out, and see if I can bind it up to place in my Korean copy to have for reference. And we do plan on getting to Battle Garegga at some point in a future play-through, so this will be quite helpful when we do.

Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2018, 05:48:52 PM »

Thank you so much for the awesome work, Bear78!  I just printed this off, and aside from the text being a bit small, it looks great! I'll have to cut the pages out, and see if I can bind it up to place in my Korean copy to have for reference. And we do plan on getting to Battle Garegga at some point in a future play-through, so this will be quite helpful when we do.

cool, no problem man!  Yeah, I was afraid the text might suffer a bit but glad it still looks good!

louisG
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2019, 01:19:22 PM »

A Podcast would be great! I like to listen to all those game-by-game podcasts on the bus to work.

Gaiares rocks, but it's IMO offputtingly hard. If you love R-Type style games and you like that feeling of being on a razor's edge, where you must perfect the levels and a wrong move means you're sent back to a checkpoint, get it. I don't remember it having a lot of cheap death, just a high difficulty. Otherwise, I might recommend something else for you. I love the stages in Gaiares, but find most of the time that I'd rather play a Thunderforce game just because they're so much less punishing. But Gaiares has good stage designs, beautiful art, great music... it's just brutal. I don't think I ever made it past that Stage 3 mermaid boss. FWIW, I enjoy it more than R-Type and Gradius, but then I enjoy Apidya more than those too so take my opinion with a grain of salt Cheesy

« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 01:22:57 PM by louisG » Logged
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2019, 12:26:34 PM »

Thanks for the input, louisG! Gaiares is definitely on our radar. In fact, I have a replica of the "Can You Say Guy-Are-Us?" shirts coming in the mail shortly. Not sure when/if we'll slot that in, but we have already discussed it as a possibility in the future. As for the podcast, it's already happening! It's called Shoot the Core-cast, and the page here on the site for it is as follows:

http://www.rfgeneration.com/podcasts/shmupclub/

We're also on iTunes, Google Play, and Stitcher, so if you use one of those services already, just search for the name of the podcast, or even search for 'shoot the core' and you'll find us. We'd sure appreciate some feedback on it, and a review would be most excellent Wink

Biscuit Thief
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2020, 05:19:24 PM »

Hi MetalFRO and Shmup fans, ive been active in the ketsui playthrough this year and really enjoyed trying to better my score and intend to jump in again and get to work. I didnt know where to post this message so i thought this was the best place. I have recently made a horizontal shmup in Dreams for the ps4 and would really appreciate some feedback from people that appreciate and have experience in the genre (not a request for a community playthrough). The game is called Shape Shooter 2 and my Dreams id is talc33. If your curious and dont have Dreams it will appear on media molecules community creations #48 stream on youtube. I would like to make a suggestion for the playthrough while im banging on. FLYING SHARK by Toaplan, it was my first shooter i played in my local arcade and a classic in imo, its getting released on ps4 by M2 sooner or later.
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2020, 08:19:09 AM »

I'll have to check out Dreams, and have a look at your game! As for Flying Shark, that's definitely on our radar, and I do think it would be fun to compare the arcade game to the NES/Famicom version, among others. I do think it would be wise for us to wait for the M2 port, however, so it's more accessible to everyone.

Biscuit Thief
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2020, 02:47:03 PM »

Thanks, any feedback would be appreciated. Nearly jumped out of my skin when Flying Shark was announced, i used to have a bootleg pcb and a supergun so i could play it on my crt tv but the board had issues and i got fed up with  trying to get it working. It would be incredible if they released a Toaplan collection on disc for the PS4.
Biscuit Thief
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2020, 02:49:20 PM »

Oh by the way, there is a great Darius game someone has made in Dreams and a geometry wars clone, worth a look.
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2020, 09:47:22 PM »

Hello everyone! We'd like to get suggestions from the community to see what you might want to play in the Shmup Club during 2021. We have a handful of games we're already planning to cover, but we want to find out what everyone might want to play. Since this is a collector community, keep that in mind - not everyone will have access to the more expensive games, and for myself specifically, I like to have the game in some legit/legal form if possible, even if I end up playing it on an emulator, via the MiSTer, or via flashcart for convenience. But not everyone playing has access to those capabilities, so many will be playing on original hardware. What would you all like to see use include next year?

EZ Racer
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2020, 11:03:25 PM »

Put a bunch of ideas on twitter for you.

I was really surprised when I started going through my collection, how many shmups (or related shooters) I had that haven't been covered yet. R-Type III would be my top vote though, really want an excuse to attempt to get good at it.

For those who don't play on Steam, can we get a few more console release titles in 2021?
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2020, 10:55:45 PM »

For those who don't play on Steam, can we get a few more console release titles in 2021?

Thanks for the Twitter suggestions! As for console releases, yes, we try to do a mix, and ideally, try to play at least some games that are available in multiple formats, or on multiple platforms. There will always be games locked to a particular console or PC, but in general, I want to make sure that participation is possible for most on at least a semi-frequent basis.

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2020, 12:13:16 PM »

Bear78 - your wish has come true! Battle Garegga will be the January 2021 game, and our scoring competition focus for next year!

http://www.rfgeneration.com/forum/index.php?topic=19456.0

Corkman
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2020, 12:34:55 PM »

I'll throw in some suggestions. Sorry if you did some of these already.

Darius Gaiden - there's the Saturn and Switch ports plus the Taito Legends 2 version

Crisis Wing - a great Truxton inspired indie game on Steam

Blue Revolver - indie game on Steam that people seem to like

Esprade - there's a PS4 and Switch port out there now

Fire Shark, Truxton, Hellfire - regular Genesis and the Genesis remake carts should be in people's hands by next year

Do not pursue Lu Bu!
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2020, 10:01:37 AM »

Those are some great suggestions  Smiley

You might see some of those next year.  Wink

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length