RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:36:42 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Pandora's Box 6s 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Pandora's Box 6s  (Read 4323 times)
renegadeviking
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« on: June 15, 2018, 06:56:42 PM »

I own a Pandora's Box 6s with 1299 MAME games.  I think it runs MAME on Linux.  It's not in the database.   It's popular under tabletop games listing on Amazon.  There is also Pandora's box 4s, and 5s.  

Add this product please
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 07:00:24 PM by renegadeviking » Logged
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 11:40:01 PM »

Unless those 1299 games are licensed out, I'd consider it an emulation device, which we don't track.
renegadeviking
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 01:09:41 PM »

yeah this site does. Its called a GP2x Caanoo or wiz.   I got this because the arcade is defunct in United States.  I think the patients expired.   Cool

* FireShot Capture 001 - Search Results - http___www.rfgeneration.com_cgi-bin_search.pl.png (52.06 KB, 1366x594 - viewed 262 times.)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 01:19:51 PM by renegadeviking » Logged
renegadeviking
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 06:33:55 PM »

It may not be a emulated device at all. It could be just a Jamma board.

https://www.amazon.com/Pa...&keywords=Jamma+board
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 08:55:55 PM »

We don’t track arcade hardware either.
renegadeviking
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2018, 07:49:17 PM »

The Saturn used ST-V arcade hardware and Dreamcast was Namoi arcade hardware.  Also the GP2x Caanoo runs Mame and is listed. Also, the Hyperkin Retron 5 runs roms, emulation, and is listed.   NES classic and SNES classic are emulated and listed.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 07:52:16 PM by renegadeviking » Logged
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2018, 09:35:28 PM »

There has been many a discussion on tracking arcade stuff for sure. I think the gist of it is that we can't do it justice with the crew of submitters here. Someone would have to show that we could cover a large amount of arcade releases and accurately provide info for the database so we didn't end up with lots of missing arcade machines and hardware. Some arcade stuff has snuck in for one reason or another.

GP2x Caanoo doesn't sell itself by saying it comes with a bunch of unlicensed games, sure, people put those on it when they buy it but they could just as easily put on legit ROMs.

NES and SNES classics are all licensed.

Retron 5 doesn't come in a way that you can play roms you don't own from the box, you have to put in a game you do own to play it.

So maybe it's not strictly true that we don't track emulation devices, ha, but we try to stay on the legitimate side of things.

Pandora's Box is sold mostly on the idea that you are buying unlicensed games, not something you can add your own games to. I think that is the difference.

Personally I fall more on the side of 'if we have enough info to do a item justice, track it!' so I wouldn't mind the Pandora's Box being listed but I'm not in the majority haha.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2018, 08:20:17 PM »

i agree with nupoile, saying we don't track emulation isn't exactly accurate, i think what fleabitten really meant was that we don't track (or encourage) anything illegal. I'm not familiar with the Pandora's Box but if it's main selling point is playing copyright infringing, aka illegal, roms then we don't track it.

the saturn and dreamcast may be using arcade based hardware, but they're still simple systems to track. arcade hardware gets much more complicated.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2018, 01:06:03 AM »

This product isn't for running licensed software. As mentioned earlier, at RFG we do not support pirated software tracking, including things like hacks, pirate cartridges, etc. We also do not support arcade hardware, and there is no plans to do so at this time.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length