RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:02:18 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Issue with Checklists 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Issue with Checklists  (Read 3468 times)
Misto
N-Gage
United States

Stats
« on: June 28, 2018, 03:11:35 PM »

I was looking at the Playstation 4 checklist and notices that the North America one doesn't seem to be capturing all games.

I noticed a game I had in my collection wasn't on the list (Axiom Verge Multiverse Edition).  When looking at games that were not appearing versus ones that are, the list only shows ones with a code of 'U' and the US flag.  Ones that are set to the US flag but North America region do not show up in the list. 

I would expect the list to pull both regions especially since there is only the North America option on the checklist page and its not even capturing ones tagged as North American.

Not sure if this is happening on other lists, I only verified this one.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 03:22:16 PM »

It’s set to pull based off the region entered in the database. For example, Axiom Verge Multiverse Edition is entered as United States, not North America. If you select United States as the region, it shows up.

The “U” and the flag are separate. U is the generic prefix in our coding system that indicates North America (which the US belongs to), but the flag is pulled based on the country (if it is specified over region).

Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 03:47:01 PM »

We need a new flag for North America. Having the US one is a bit daft.

Maybe some sort of combination of US, Canadian and Mexican flag
Misto
N-Gage
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 06:59:58 PM »

Yea its just confusing.  Looking at the breakdown of what I own it seems to group these two categories together and with the same flag you can't easily tell them apart unless you hover over or click into each game.

Plus, it doesn't seem like there are separate options on the checklist page for United States v North America - making it difficult to get a complete list.

EDIT:  Just saw the dropdown for the select region (was just going off the main list) so my last point isn't quite valid.  If I select United States from the drop down it does seem to pull both US and NA regions.... 
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 07:07:24 PM by Misto » Logged
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2018, 09:31:41 PM »

I'm open to a flag for NA other than 'Murica if one makes sense.

Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2018, 02:36:33 AM »

how about this:

[img width=350 height=200]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b4/Flag_of_the_North_American_Union.svg/1280px-Flag_of_the_North_American_Union.svg.png[/img]

It's the concept flag for the proposed North American Union, an EU-style American superstate which will likely (hopefully) never happen.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 02:50:48 AM by Raidou » Logged
Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2018, 05:19:33 AM »

Would a typical North American be able to identify that flag?
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2018, 07:35:47 AM »

probably not, but this is the closest i've seen to anything official.  there are a few mash-up flags around, but they're usually too cluttered for a 21x15 image.
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2018, 12:27:02 PM »

Does it make sense to do sub regions in North America like China and others have?  So the main one would be North America, then a sub region of USA, Canada, Mexico, etc.?

Schlibby
DB Editor
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2018, 12:34:21 PM »

North America is USA, Canada and Mexico
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length