RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:49:36 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Rockfest 10 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Rockfest 10  (Read 1425 times)
Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« on: August 12, 2005, 07:01:06 PM »

Last Wednesday was Rockfest 10; a huge metal all day show put on by one of the local radio stations here.  My older brother won tickers and since he didn't have anyone to go with he invited me.  On the bill was Ten Years, Filthy White Trash, Trivium; Shadows Fall, In Flames, Mudvayne, and Disturbed.

We got there at 1:30 and waited in line to get in until about 2:15.  The first few bands sucked then Trivium got on and we're pretty good.  The pits were OK but the crowd surfing kind of sucked.  Up next was In Flames, they were just plane awesome.  The pits kicked ass and the crowd surfing was insane.  Shadows fall had about 10,000 people in one giant circle pit.  Then Mudvayne came on with the lead singer in a gorilla costume holding a baseball bat.  We left before Disturbed played because3 none of us wanted to see them.  By the end of the day I was sunburned all over, had a nose bleed, and so sore I could barley move.  It was the best ass kicking of my life.

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2005, 03:35:36 PM »

Do they still put that show on in St Helens? Thats were I grew up. I remember how before the first couple of times they put that on the towns people were all pissy about it for some reason or another.
SFS
I eated the purple berries
Neo Geo AES
Russian Federation

Stats
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2005, 08:57:11 PM »

Metal is by for the best music and subculture for pits.

"It rains acid, one day the earth will cry from a stone
And you'll be lookin' at the world livin' inside of a dome
Comperized humanity living inside of a clone
This is the place where the unknown is living and real
Worm went to planet X and the seventh seal"

Immortal Technique
This Dude Abides
Jaguar CD
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2005, 02:18:27 PM »

Excuse the bump, but I was there too.  Definitely a kick-ass show.  Disturbed was my favorite band overall, but Shadows Fall and Mudvayne had great sets too.  10 Years and Ill Nino were my least favorite.  I gotta say I liked all the flashing those girls near the stage did before Mudvayne's set, too.  So all in all, good times.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length