RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:43:46 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Strider Returns Genesis US Variation? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Strider Returns Genesis US Variation?  (Read 3201 times)
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« on: July 23, 2018, 04:34:51 PM »

I just got Strider Returns for the Genesis and noticed there are 2 labels on the cart.  If you look at the image of the cart here on the database you can see this (not mine).  Someone on Sega-16 just asked about this and it appears that they re-used some PAL shells and just stuck the US label over it (More info in the link below).  So my question is, should there really be a variation added to the database for this?  Like a regular release and a "dual label" release?

http://www.sega-16.com/fo...Returns-cartridge-sticker

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 08:54:11 PM »

I can't tell from our image. Are you saying there is a sticker of the Genesis logo in the lower right that covers up a MegaDrive logo?

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 12:14:09 AM »

[img width=700 height=447]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/games/U-040/gs/U-040-S-05650-A.jpg[/img]
You can see it on the left side of the label. There's a PAL label underneath apparently.

I'd go ahead and make that a variation. It's interesting that the actual board is still a PAL board, according to that thread.
Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 02:09:43 AM »

Just doing a quick eBay search, found a listing with the US label partially removed:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/...nc&LH_TitleDesc=0%7C0

Also it seems there are a total of 3 label variations:
-Strider 2 label, label over MD label  (what we're talking about)
-Strider 2 label                               (has "Strider II" text)
-Non-Strider 2 label                         (does not have "Strider II" text)
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018, 09:00:58 AM »

Just doing a quick eBay search, found a listing with the US label partially removed:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/...nc&LH_TitleDesc=0%7C0

Also it seems there are a total of 3 label variations:
-Strider 2 label, label over MD label  (what we're talking about)
-Strider 2 label                               (has "Strider II" text)
-Non-Strider 2 label                         (does not have "Strider II" text)

Ah, didn't know about the additional text variation.  Mine has the MD label underneath and has the Strider II Text

So, should someone change the entry in the database to the "dual label" one and then add the others as new entries?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 09:21:37 AM by Bear78 » Logged

Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2018, 11:45:30 AM »

So the current entry on the site is the one listed in red below.  Should the entry be modified to reflect this variation and then add the other 2 variations or should the other 2 variations just be added and the original entry be left alone?

Strider 2 label, label over MD label   (has "Strider II' text on cart and manual)
Strider 2 label                                (has "Strider II" text on cart and manual)
Non-Strider 2 label                         (does not have "Strider II" text)

Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2018, 11:34:15 PM »

On closer examination, I may have been wrong about the "Strider II" label, as all the ones I could find were also dual labels.

Anyhow, ammended DB entry so "Strider II - Dual Label" is the variation title, and added the Non-Strider II as a label variant (no variation title).  I am assuming the dual label is the original release.
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2018, 10:27:39 AM »

Thanks man!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length