RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:20:12 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | October 2018 Playthrough - Monster Party 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: October 2018 Playthrough - Monster Party  (Read 10237 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: September 06, 2018, 01:41:48 PM »

PARTICIPANTS:
singlebanana
GrayGhost81
douglie007
MetalFRO
Crabmaster2000
EngineerMike

There will be no checkpoints this month, since this can be a single-sitting game for some. The good news is that there is a password system, so this can be a multiple sitting game for those new to it.  Feel free to talk about all enemy and boss strategies, game mechanics, etc. all you want throughout the entire month.  The only thing I ask is that the ending is not discussed.

Many of you may not know this, but Monster Party was never released in Japan. However, several years ago, a prototype was found called Parody World: Monster Party.  The ROM for this game was finally dumped and can be found pretty easily online. The reason that this prototype is so neat is because it features movie licensed bosses that were not in the North American release (i.e. enemies from Little Shop of Horrors, Planet of the Apes, Aliens, etc.) and a blood dripping title screen! I was able to find a physical repro copy on Etsy and I'm sure it can be located through other means. I'll be playing the proto version as well, so please join me if you would like.

Here's a few tips to get everyone started:

(1) Take your time. There is no time limit, so there is no need to rush through the game. Health is really important for many of the mobile bosses, so taking your time and saving your health is very important.

(2) Not all doors have bosses, but it's good to check them all if this is your first time through. Slaying all level bosses is what generates the key to exit the level and you don't want to have to backtrack.

(3) If attacking some bosses doesn't seem to be working, perhaps try a different approach. Maybe take notice of their dialogue.

(4) Most enemies have a certain range of movement. It helps to be patient and sit right on the edge of their movement limit and hit them. This is key to saving your health for bosses.

(5) Specific monsters drop hearts and these can be farmed. Make these monsters repop by moving off the screen and going back, or go into a room and come back out.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 09:04:45 AM by singlebanana » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 02:18:59 PM »

So which Dead Rising game is it? Probably Dead Rising 1.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 04:01:13 PM »

Nope, not a Dead Rising game

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 06:55:35 PM »

The Punisher?

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 07:50:48 AM »

Nope

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2018, 02:13:31 PM »

'Bout time you guys played a Hotel Transylvania game.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2018, 02:31:13 PM »

Ha ha!  I think you are really going to love this pick Mr. Togo

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2018, 06:04:09 PM »

Ha ha!  I think you are really going to love this pick Mr. Togo

We're playin some freakin' Dark Souls!!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2018, 08:30:20 PM »

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2018, 10:17:37 PM »

Nope, but you guys are still going to love this pick. Wink

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2018, 08:30:08 AM »

Yep, I'm in... I need to start Batman..
I do need to find a copy first.

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2018, 09:02:20 AM »

I'm in! I grabbed a copy of this a while back, and it looks like fun.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2018, 09:15:39 AM »

I don't think Ive beaten this one yet. Count me in too

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2018, 09:46:40 AM »

I'll be playing the unreleased Japanese prototype version as well if any of you want to join me. Details are in the initial post above. Cheesy

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2018, 11:20:34 AM »

Good news, got a copy for 10$

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length